Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rd 11 vs Carlton

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Trying not to speculate without facts, but he lost a child a few weeks back and has a new baby. May have just needed to take a breath.
    This .
    It�s the way the Swans go about it.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Sounds like everyone is a bit up in the air if you read much into the blanket of Darcy Moore speculation that fired up again today.
    will need an offering to secure him if it's all to believed.
    Didn't we get a future early pick from the Wobbles?
    Maybe we could trade that back

Why would we give back for Darcy Moore. Not worth it. You'd have to ask why is Collingwood willing to trade him? The answer is quite simple. He's a lazy bastard that might or might not develop. I don't want us to make another forward mistake like the taking of Anthony Rocca.

Why the @@@@ do we need him anyway? He is a long way from being even a good player. McCartin is far closer and a player that has not even been drafted yet is closer, Nick Blakey. We don't need any more forwards, especially those that think it is their entitlement to play rather than an honour. A total waste of money and effort.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Sounds like everyone is a bit up in the air if you read much into the blanket of Darcy Moore speculation that fired up again today.
    will need an offering to secure him if it's all to believed.
    Didn't we get a future early pick from the Wobbles?
    Maybe we could trade that back

Why would we give back for Darcy Moore. Not worth it. You'd have to ask why is Collingwood willing to trade him? The answer is quite simple. He's a lazy bastard that might or might not develop. I don't want us to make another forward mistake like the taking of Anthony Rocca.

Why the @@@@ do we need him anyway? He is a long way from being even a good player. McCartin is far closer and a player that has not even been drafted yet is closer, Nick Blakey. We don't need any more forwards, especially those that think it is their entitlement to play rather than an honour. A total waste of money and effort.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    It's his manager blowing hot air on facebook.
    We haven't got any more room for defenders. We need ruckmen.
    We need to sign our good youngsters coming off contract first.
    Darcy Moore is a forward who couldn't defend if his life depended on it. the problem was Bucks realised this but chose to make him a defender in the Seniors instead of putting him back in the reserves to develop his defensive skills. He now plays reserves. He has no defensive game at all and seems to think that's ok. We don't need any more tallforwards either, especially lazy ones like him. Plenty of tall forwards in the next draft that are A+ including Nick Blakey, who know how to defend as well as attack.

The Melbourne pundits are giving Carlton a decent sniff against Sydney .
    However the bookies have Sydney at $1.05
    and Blues at $11 .
    The Swans avge for is only 85 pts, but it�s been a tough draw thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Good to see Newman back, I was surprised he got dropped weeks ago but he's dominated at NEAFL level.

Stoddart lucky to hold his place, being given another game against what should be lesser opposition. Think O'Riordan has to be given a run next, has been better than Stoddart in the NEAFL.

Rohan will provide more than McCartin at FF, be more of a handful for Carlton defenders. Now we have so much depth, I'm happy for sore players like Rohan & Papley to be rested, it's important they are there when finals come around, if we make it.

If you scan through the Carlton line up, it's full of very ordinary footballers, we should put a space on them, chance for critical % here.

I'm not surprised Stoddart got a second run. he wasn't terrible last week and did a couple of nice things. But the weather did not favour fast, elusive players and he was asked to play in a position that didn't really suit his game. I think this is reward for effort and taking responsibility and making an effort for every contest. If the weather stays ok he will be very valuable against these guys. By the way Stoddart played on a very hard customer and kept him reasonably quiet.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Trying not to speculate without facts, but he lost a child a few weeks back and has a new baby. May have just needed to take a breath.
    Week off was probably needed both physically and emotionally, think he was the travelling emergency or have I got that wrong? Whatever, Rohan will provide more than McCartin has the past two weeks but good to give Tom a taste, he's still a couple of years away you'd reckon.

Edit, just saw your reply Hotpotato, agree

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Darcy Moore is a forward who couldn't defend if his life depended on it. the problem was Bucks realised this but chose to make him a defender in the Seniors instead of putting him back in the reserves to develop his defensive skills. He now plays reserves. He has no defensive game at all and seems to think that's ok. We don't need any more tallforwards either, especially lazy ones like him. Plenty of tall forwards in the next draft that are A+ including Nick Blakey, who know how to defend as well as attack.
    Still reckon they are using Darcy Moore as a decoy, whilst they concentrate on someone else!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    The Melbourne pundits are giving Carlton a decent sniff against Sydney .
    However the bookies have Sydney at $1.05
    and Blues at $11 .
    The Swans avge for is only 85 pts, but it�s been a tough draw thus far.
    Hope you dont mind a Blues supporters having a post.

Ive lived in Sydney for 31 years and have been involved in local footy for 30 odd years. Was over the moon when Swans broke though - My wife and I and friends had a bbq at home for the GF and when the siren went all bolted out the front cheering like lunatics- as did our Asian neighbours across the road - they had only been in Aus as few years - most of it putting up with me yelling at the TV every weekend lol.

Swans beings successful was important to me as it meant local footy in Sydney would continue to grow and kids jumped on the bandwagon. That's why I am happy to see a second team here even if you're not so happy. It shows the game is heading back to where it was in the 70's hopefully - it was a time when we saw a strong local competition.

As a Carlton supporter I hope that the boys show up tomorrow night with the same intent I saw last week and make a game of it.

I understand the hatred from Swans supporters I wish though it was directed at those at our club who brought our club to its knees. Elliot's ( and Wes Lofts) arrogance nearly destroyed us - the penalties the AFL handed out will never been seen again - it was kicking a dog when it was down - mind you I doubt they could have foreseen the ramifications. Ron Evans (Essendon / ex Essendon) was commissioner and in case any forgets MD of a little company called Spotless Catering lol - wish he was held to account for Essendons cheating incl their premiership year of 93 (Carltons were for years other than 95 btw).

Injuries have hit us hugely this year and regardless and despite peoples opinions of Murphy is a huge loss. From our best 22 IMO Casboult, Kennedy(if he can ever get fit), Pickett (like Kenndedy) Byrne, Doc, A Silvagni, Marchbank and Williamson are missing which is a big hole in terms of leadership and skill in a young group - those that are filling the gap are VFL standard in the most. We miss the good middle tier mature 22-26 yo players that you have. The Swans allow their kids to develop in the NEAFL for at least a year of two until their bodies are ready - Obviously there are exceptions. Hopefully we are able to do the same in a few years. The kids we currently have though I believe at least 15-20 have the ability to play 100-150 games so whilst there will continue to be pain there a blue horizons.

The Swans have become the model of culture and long term success - Something that probably dates back to Barassi's time and his influence despite not seeing the results - Rocket to a degree but Roos was the one to install the passion and loyalty to the jumper and club above all. I thinks anyone that has lost a club will always instill passion on their second chance.

I dont expect to win tomorrow night but I expect we will have a massively improved effort on last years buddy show. Id like to thinks a 30 pt margin is possible.

Also for people thinking about percentage Leigh Matthews said something along the lines if you go into a game expecting a percentage boost (ie you had already won before game was played) you had lost as the players minds were not on the job of winning.

Im hoping for a good contest tomorrow and something that continue to show small measures of improvement and one that my youngest (8yo) daughter enjoys. Ive already had to convince her not to jump to Collingwood (my cousin was playing for them) - I could handle Swans / Giants but not them lol.

Anyway feel free to abuse lol

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post

Again... messenger...
    I didn't present an opinion on Moore. Just mentioning what is circulating....
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by tara View Post

Ive lived in Sydney for 31 years and have been involved in local footy for 30 odd years. Was over the moon when Swans broke though - My wife and I and friends had a bbq at home for the GF and when the siren went all bolted out the front cheering like lunatics- as did our Asian neighbours across the road - they had only been in Aus as few years - most of it putting up with me yelling at the TV every weekend lol.

Swans beings successful was important to me as it meant local footy in Sydney would continue to grow and kids jumped on the bandwagon. That's why I am happy to see a second team here even if you're not so happy. It shows the game is heading back to where it was in the 70's hopefully - it was a time when we saw a strong local competition.

As a Carlton supporter I hope that the boys show up tomorrow night with the same intent I saw last week and make a game of it.

I understand the hatred from Swans supporters I wish though it was directed at those at our club who brought our club to its knees. Elliot's ( and Wes Lofts) arrogance nearly destroyed us - the penalties the AFL handed out will never been seen again - it was kicking a dog when it was down - mind you I doubt they could have foreseen the ramifications. Ron Evans (Essendon / ex Essendon) was commissioner and in case any forgets MD of a little company called Spotless Catering lol - wish he was held to account for Essendons cheating incl their premiership year of 93 (Carltons were for years other than 95 btw).

Injuries have hit us hugely this year and regardless and despite peoples opinions of Murphy is a huge loss. From our best 22 IMO Casboult, Kennedy(if he can ever get fit), Pickett (like Kenndedy) Byrne, Doc, A Silvagni, Marchbank and Williamson are missing which is a big hole in terms of leadership and skill in a young group - those that are filling the gap are VFL standard in the most. We miss the good middle tier mature 22-26 yo players that you have. The Swans allow their kids to develop in the NEAFL for at least a year of two until their bodies are ready - Obviously there are exceptions. Hopefully we are able to do the same in a few years. The kids we currently have though I believe at least 15-20 have the ability to play 100-150 games so whilst there will continue to be pain there a blue horizons.

The Swans have become the model of culture and long term success - Something that probably dates back to Barassi's time and his influence despite not seeing the results - Rocket to a degree but Roos was the one to install the passion and loyalty to the jumper and club above all. I thinks anyone that has lost a club will always instill passion on their second chance.

I dont expect to win tomorrow night but I expect we will have a massively improved effort on last years buddy show. Id like to thinks a 30 pt margin is possible.

Also for people thinking about percentage Leigh Matthews said something along the lines if you go into a game expecting a percentage boost (ie you had already won before game was played) you had lost as the players minds were not on the job of winning.

Im hoping for a good contest tomorrow and something that continue to show small measures of improvement and one that my youngest (8yo) daughter enjoys. Ive already had to convince her not to jump to Collingwood (my cousin was playing for them) - I could handle Swans / Giants but not them lol.

No abuse Tara.
    16 premierships to dine out on , 29 Grand Finals, equal with the Bombers, so you are going OK. But a bit rusty atm.

31 yrs in Sydney . You arrived in 1987. The Swans were the first club based outside Victoria. That�s why they hate us.
    Its time to jump Tara, and it�s an embarrassment for the 8 yr old , she would look a lot better in red and white and there�s no way she will be successful raising her kids as Carlton tragics.
    They will be Swans.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by tara View Post

All the best Tara(except tonight!) Thanks for the post

I�m quite happy for the club to be rotating a few players for a rest or even an easier hit out in the twos. It makes sense to have a squad of 28 that are all comfortable playing seniors and ready to go come injuries, finals, or where matchups suit.

It wouldn�t surprise if Sinkers is managed against the Saints next week. They don�t have a dominant ruck which would allow Cameron an easier introduction than going against Kreuzer.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast