Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rd15 vs Richmond

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    OMG I'm bloody nervous.
    I thought you hated the bye week. Just wondering what feels better: being bloody nervous or bored to death?

Interestingly Rose could play quite a frustrating role for Richmond

I�m not saying he is the messiah but he is an energetic player that can get ona real roll

Can lead very hard
    2nd quickest st the club I believe
    Good hands high on the lead
    Very random
    Maybe the sneaky 1 or 2 goals needed in a close game
    Good kick at goal

He is a difficult matchup given his strengths above

Like most top 28 players u can�t accurately assess until they get regular games and if Rose was on the list for GCsuns and got 30 games in Snrs he might provide a completely different player for us to evaluate

With Rose playing I wonder if a late change dropping McCartin might occur?

So who are u watching the game with tonight and where ?

I�m popping over to my buddy�s who used to play AFL also

Big Swans supporter

On the big projector screen with a few others

Pretty pumped I must say !!!!

Home alone with five cats who won�t understand why I�m screaming and swearing at the TV

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I think it is slightly suspicious that one of the few teams that might be able to beat Richmond in September will not have the opportunity to play them at the MCG beforehand.

However I think things will change next year and we�ll play less at Etihad and more at the MCG.
    Here's Titus O'Reily's take on this fixture's venue......read this and more here: A highly unhelpful guide to Round Fifteen | Titus O'Reily

Richmond vs Sydney (ES) 7:20 PM

Let�s get this straight, this game is at Etihad Stadium, but Carlton-Port Adelaide is at the MCG?

The work experience kid they got to do the fixture this season seems to have never watched football before. Not a huge change on previous years then.

Given Richmond�s allergic reaction to playing away from the MCG, Richmond fans won�t be happy.

Add to that they�ll have to go to Docklands, a suburb so sterile it makes Canberra seem vibrant and that�s a lot of angry Tigers supporters in the one place.

For the Swans, they�d probably have like to test themselves against the Tigers at the place Grand Finals get played. That would have been a sensible option for the AFL, to give interstate teams a chance to play there ahead of finals.

Ahhh, I see the problem now, it�s the sensible option. No wonder the AFL moved it to Etihad.

I think Sydney will win this.

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    Unless I can't get in with family (or get seats) on my Swans membership (GA admission) because of all the Richmond fans present. Hopefully being a school/work night will keep a lot away.
    Fair point that I had not considered. I hope you get in.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post

Big Swans supporter

As opposed to popping over to Buddy's......

I'm like Markwebbos, home on my own (but not lonely!) except with a dog who wonders why I'm swearing at the TV!

PS: I'm not implying Markwebbos is lonely!

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post

Big Swans supporter

It's my dad's birthday today and we'll be watching the game together at the Warren View Hotel in Newtown. I'd imagine the Swan's will come through with a win for the old man!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Home alone with five cats who won�t understand why I�m screaming and swearing at the TV
    Just serve them Ling and they'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    Not happy about Rose. The last two NEAFL games have their streams up on YouTube. If you have time, then take a look at his little performance when he marks inside 50. He turns his back on his team mates and the goals, throws the ball on the ground in front of him, and walks towards it before putting his mouthguard in his sock and picking the ball up before turning around again. In the meantime, the other forwards could be leading into space during the entire time, but it seems to be all about Rose. If he does that tonight, expect to see the other players giving him a mouthful.
    Yeah but every player has their own little thing before they kick for goal.
    I think it was Plugger who used to pull his wedged undies out, pull up his socks and kick a goal.
    Kizza has a few little running steps; MickyO would put his arms out like he was just about to take off...
    If it means a goal... go ahead sunshine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I thought you hated the bye week. Just wondering what feels better: being bloody nervous or bored to death?
    Being bloody nervous.
    OMG... the strain!!!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Regular in the Side

Rose???

Has played one decent quarter of football in about 3 years ... truly an amazing selection for this game ... any chance now gone. Glad I'm going out ... but hope I'm miraculously wrong.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Has played one decent quarter of football in about 3 years ... truly an amazing selection for this game ... any chance now gone. Glad I'm going out ... but hope I'm miraculously wrong.
    The game is still 3 hours away, why is our chance gone? The way I see it, if the Swans turn up they'll win.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast