Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rd15 vs Richmond

Changes for Rd15 vs Richmond

That bye week seemed to go forever. Thank goodness the Swannies are back on Thursday!

Team selections will be very interesting this week with very few members on the injury list it and it being 1 vs 2. Whoever is picked this week can feel confident that they are considered very highly for finals reckoning.

For me:

• Melican and Reid come through the NEAFL and so are not considered.
    • Aliir has to remain in. It was only one game but he overtook Marsh.
    • McVeigh is an automatic return.
    • I can't find a spot for Towers now even though I prefer him as our chop-out 2nd ruck

In: McVeigh
    Out: Marsh

That�s assuming no one has tripped over their own shadow and are out for the season .

I'm very nervous.
    Richmond are our kryptonite.
    They need to name ruthless AND his twin brother.
    Very nervous.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

We were the last team to beat Richmond at the MCG. Swans have 100% r�cord on the road. We will be underdogs. I think we can win, but it won�t be easy

I just hope it's a decent game. Some of the footy this year has been unwatchable.

Warming the Bench
    We beat Richmond last year. We came from behind in Q4 with Gary kicking the goal to put us in front. This game is at Etihad (Marvel) stadium, both teams will be fresh after the bye. It should be a cracker of a game. I'm nervous about it but I would think Richmond fans will be as well. A couple of work mates are Richmond fans - i'll go and ask.

If McVeigh is fit he comes straight back in but at whose expense. For me Aliir stays in but i'm not keen on dropping Harry Marsh - he's been pretty good. Kieren Jack or Dan Hannebery are still down so 1 can be 'rested' and Zak Jones into the midfield. I was keen to see McCartin out and Cameron in last week but Tom was really good so i'd keep him in.

Is there any info on when Sam Reid or Lewis Melican are likely to be available?

Isn�t Monday HCF injury update day?

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    No that's Tuesday or used to be.

For me it�s so much about match ups

If we have the same list of players to choose from and so to the tigers team that played the Cats ......well it�s an interesting call re our backline and I�m reluctant to drop anyone in our backline even though macca will come straight back in

We have shown we are much more flexible with our styles of transition from the back

We are definitely more varied with our entries into the 50

So who fits our brand of footy in 2018 that has been evolving with fast exits via faster small HBFs that are small ???

Richmond play will a fairly tall backline - well did against the cats ie they have 4 boys playing 192-194cm tall in the backs

Valstuin
    Rance
    Grimes
    Garthwaite

Yet Richmond only play with a shirt forward mine......ie JR as a genuine tall marking forward but in my opinion Caddy and a rotating Martin play tall

So if we went with the below talls in defence who would they tend to pick up from Richmond ?

AA
    Grundy
    Rampe
    Marsh
    Macca

I think all 5should stay to give us flexibility in matchups and let jones, lloyd, Cunningham, Heeney and Florent rotate as the running players from our backline

If we had to drop a back for me it would be AA based on such a small Tigers forward line that could expose a slow backline

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    It�s up on the website now. The basic gist of it, is that McVeigh had a minor calf strain, is now fine and should play against Richmond. While Reid, Melican and Bell, are all good chances to return in the NEAFL this week.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    It�s up on the website now. The basic gist of it, is that McVeigh had a minor calf strain, is now fine and should play against Richmond. While Reid, Melican and Bell, are all good chances to return in the NEAFL this week.

Bell an in for my Supercoach team this week, cheapest M/F option in the league

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    If that�s true it simplifies things a great deal.

In: McVeigh
    Out: please not AA (although we�d be very tall if he stays) Hanners.

Never going to happen but on form

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast