Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Changes Round 16 - vs Geelong

Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    Embarrassing himself and hurting the team? Please stop. IMO even a half fit Hannebery will bring more to the team than anyone else in the Neafl team. Foote and Robinson have all been tried in the past and their numbers don't stack up to what Hannebery is currently producing. Besides it is not just about numbers. Hannebery is an elite player who is three time all Australian, two time top 5 brownlow medal vote getter, Afl coaches award winner. He is a premiership player and vice captain of the club. He has given his all for our club and should be given the respect all that deserves. He has many credits in the bank. To those that think that he could easily be replaced by a neafl player are dreaming. Any neafl player with an ounce of Hannebery's talent would have already been playing regular senior football. Don't forget Hannebery was playing senior football as a school boy.

Hannebery is not the only player down on last years numbers. Both Dangerfield and Martin are down about 25% on last years stats as well. In fact a number of elite players are experiencing a decline in stats. Whilst clearly Hannebery is not 100%, I suspect that there is more to this overall decline in numbers by the games best players . The 'state of the game' or over officiating, I'm not sure. Whatever it is, perhaps some players are more affected than others. Hannebery is a champion and he will respond like all champions do.
    To be fair to Ludwig , dan has damaged his reputation significantly this year with what he’s served up , the media articles recently are a prime example of that. I actually can’t see what he has offered to us in recent weeks , he’s barely noticeable on the field. The problem is, despite us having a relatively small injury list , there’s no one jumping up in the 2’s to play his role . The flip side , he hasn’t been playing his role anyway. Someone who can have an impact in terms of touches and efficiency , and metres gained in a small way would be doing more than DH is currently. The guy could play senior footy even as an 18 year old , you don’t forget that. For me it’s his body letting him down and if that’s the case give him a 4-5 week break to see if he can get it right so he can be a contributor . At the moment he is a passenger and we aren’t strong enough to support that. KJ isn’t far behind him , or Rohan for that matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    Embarrassing himself and hurting the team? Please stop. IMO even a half fit Hannebery will bring more to the team than anyone else in the Neafl team. Foote and Robinson have all been tried in the past and their numbers don't stack up to what Hannebery is currently producing. Besides it is not just about numbers. Hannebery is an elite player who is three time all Australian, two time top 5 brownlow medal vote getter, Afl coaches award winner. He is a premiership player and vice captain of the club. He has given his all for our club and should be given the respect all that deserves. He has many credits in the bank. To those that think that he could easily be replaced by a neafl player are dreaming. Any neafl player with an ounce of Hannebery's talent would have already been playing regular senior football. Don't forget Hannebery was playing senior football as a school boy.

Hannebery is not the only player down on last years numbers. Both Dangerfield and Martin are down about 25% on last years stats as well. In fact a number of elite players are experiencing a decline in stats. Whilst clearly Hannebery is not 100%, I suspect that there is more to this overall decline in numbers by the games best players . The 'state of the game' or over officiating, I'm not sure. Whatever it is, perhaps some players are more affected than others. Hannebery is a champion and he will respond like all champions do.
    Yes you're spot on, while we're at it we should draft 4 times All Australian representative Adam Goodes, he's one of the all time greats

I'm sorry but your logic is flawed and if you think that Hanners is performing to anywhere near the level that Danger or Dusty are then you're kidding yourself.

I'm all for giving Hanners a chance to get back to his best, but if he's carrying some form of injury he should be given some time off to recover, if he's not injured then I'm not completely against giving him a week or 2 in the NEAFL. The reality is we need him to be fit and firing in September, if he plays and remains in his current form then he will cost the team. His disposal efficiency is off the charts (in a bad way) and every time he gets the ball he is under pressure. To be honest I think there's a few in the NEAFL who wouldn't offer any less to the team than he is at the moment.

FWIW I actually think he's outperforming Kieran Jack, but that's another story.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Yes you're spot on, while we're at it we should draft 4 times All Australian representative Adam Goodes, he's one of the all time greats

I'm sorry but your logic is flawed and if you think that Hanners is performing to anywhere near the level that Danger or Dusty are then you're kidding yourself.

I'm all for giving Hanners a chance to get back to his best, but if he's carrying some form of injury he should be given some time off to recover, if he's not injured then I'm not completely against giving him a week or 2 in the NEAFL. The reality is we need him to be fit and firing in September, if he plays and remains in his current form then he will cost the team. His disposal efficiency is off the charts (in a bad way) and every time he gets the ball he is under pressure. To be honest I think there's a few in the NEAFL who wouldn't offer any less to the team than he is at the moment.

FWIW I actually think he's outperforming Kieran Jack, but that's another story.

Kieren has been a lot worse than Hanners and that's saying something!

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Kieren has been a lot worse than Hanners and that's saying something!
    I don't fully understand why some players get a "gold pass" into the team when they are out of form (Hanners, Jack in particular right now) and why others (ROK, Teddy, Reid, Melican, half the NEAFL team) don't.

If it's based on reputation / runs on the board / being a vice captain or former captain, then surely that's a double standard and demotivating for the have-nots. And it limits our ability to challenge for the flag, unless at some point Horse is going to wield the axe?

If it's not then why are horribly out of form players not gaining form and fitness in the NEAFL and returning to the firsts once they've found it?

Now I bet Horse makes us all look foolish by dropping Rohan, Jack and Hanners. Bring on 6.25

Warming the Bench
    In his last year (I think) at the Swans, Adam Goodes actually dropped himself to the NEAFL. He openly admitted his form was down so he opted to go back to the NEAFL to find his touch again. If it was ok for Adam Goodes to do this it's ok for Dan to do it as well - he and the coaches need to put the team first.

Veterans List
    In: Robinson, Towers, Fox

Out: Rohan, Heeney, Rose.....poor James and no Paps.

Emerg: Cameron, Marsh, Newman, O'Riordan.......it's like a dangling carrot.

Maybe I would have left Rose in and not bought in Dan, although he has been tearing up the reserves.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    All 3 outs marked as injured.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    All 3 outs marked as injured.
    Damn app, doesn't list reasons. I wonder what's wrong with Rose....and Gary?

I see Blicavs has been selected for the Cats.

Those emergencies must be wondering what they need to do to get a chance. Selectors obviously see a lo more potential in Robinson than most of us do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Rohan hamstring tightness. Rose shoulder

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Rohan hamstring tightness. Rose shoulder
    Thanks ugg. I wonder if Rose did his shoulder when he slammed into Dusty in the last quarter, he was very committed but almost bounced off.....

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast