Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: RWO site changes, bugs, disruptions thread

That's comforting that it's not just me. Thanks

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    There hasn't been any outage for longer than a day, that's strange. If this happens, can you email rwomoderators (at gmail.com....you get the drift, don't want to post the full address for spammers).

The issue we're having is the same database issues that caused earlier problems, but most are resolved, so downtime is infrequent (and decreasing).

EDIT: correction, there was one long downtime, so you would be referring to that. The other two would have been half to one day.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    The history of jumper numbers no longer works I thought it was one of the site's greatest resources.

RWO - RedAndWhiteOnline.com

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    The history of jumper numbers no longer works I thought it was one of the site's greatest resources.

RWO - RedAndWhiteOnline.com
    Onto it

Apologies for the downtime. It appears RWO is being targeted with a bit of rookie hacking. Getting close to sorting this out. More on this later.

Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    Apologies for the downtime. It appears RWO is being targeted with a bit of rookie hacking. Getting close to sorting this out. More on this later.
    I suspect it's Toby Pink.

ARRRRGGGGHHHHHH.
    Please try not to go down during finals.
    Pretty please!!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Post #1300 by 707 on the 2018 Drafting thread doesn't seem to be accessible. The page truncates in the middle of my post 1299. This is the 2nd time this has happened to this thread. Could you kindly look into this problem.

The thread also looks dead for further posts.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Post #1300 by 707 on the 2018 Drafting thread doesn't seem to be accessible. The page truncates in the middle of my post 1299. This is the 2nd time this has happened to this thread. Could you kindly look into this problem.

The thread also looks dead for further posts.
    That's an issue with the length of the link you posted. It's happened to a few other threads. In one (the NEAFL thread I think), we had to create a new thread and then manually move every post to the new thread. Unfortunately, the moderation tools that allow us to edit or move individual posts are at the bottom of the screen and are as invisible as posts made subsequent to yours.
    Last edited by liz; 31st August 2018 at 02:35 PM.

Veteran Site Admin
    I've just stumbled across a way to fix the thread but couldn't find a way to save your post with the problem link.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I've just stumbled across a way to fix the thread but couldn't find a way to save your post with the problem link.
    I doubt if it was worthy for the Time Capsule anyway.

At least I got credit for screwing up the thread. Another thing I can put on my CV.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    That's an issue with the length of the link you posted. It's happened to a few other threads. In one (the NEAFL thread I think), we had to create a new thread and then manually move every post to the new thread. Unfortunately, the moderation tools that allow us to edit or move individual posts are at the bottom of the screen and are as invisible as posts made subsequent to yours.
    I created one of these infinite link faults a while ago and managed to delete the offending post through the Tapatalk app, which wasn't possible to do through the mobile site.

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast