Page 13 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: NEAFL discussion thread

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Surely the NEAFL can get a couple of Communications majors from Uni to do the commentary in a work experience program. The current team only have about a 20% hit rate in getting the player names right. I did find a partial solution. I watched the 1st half with the commentary on, then turned it off fro the 2nd half and played Sweet Caroline in the background on infinite repeat and thought: How good is this.

• Newman was clearly BOG for the Swans and can come into the senior side anytime required.
    • Foote played quite well until he went off injured.
    • Aliir played well enough on limited time. He didn't play at all in the 4th qtr and seemed to played only parts of the 3rd. Maybe he had 50% or so game time in total. I think he should play another week in the ressies before being considered for senior selection, unless we have no choice due to injury.
    • Ronke was the standout of the emerging players. He's tough and plays with a lot of energy. I think he'd do alright at AFL level.
    • There's plenty of development to get Amartey to AFL level, but the early signs are good. He can kick the ball long, but his field kicking needs work. He looks a good prospect for a future ruckman.

Senior Player
    Thanks Ludwig. Don�t tell the other Ludwig that Allir needs another week in the ressies.

NEAFL MVP votes. The umpires and Schneider didn�t rate Newman either

Sydney v GIANTS

6: Daniel Robinson (Sydney)
    6: Aidan Bonar (Giants)
    5: Ryan Griffen (Giants)
    5: Harry Marsh (Sydney)
    4: Nick Shipley (Giants)
    2: Dylan Buckley (Giants)
    2: Issac Cumming (Giants)

BRISBANE

B: 50. Jai Kennealy 45. Jack Frost 19. Jacob Allison
    HB: 20. Cedric Cox 25. Dan McStay 24. Liam Dawson
    C: 4. Ryan Bastinac 39. Corey Lyons 22. Marco Paparone
    HF: 17. Claye Beams 35. Ryan Lester 7. Tom Bell
    F: 1. Ben Keays 46. Oscar McInerney 41. Matt Eagles
    Foll: 44. Archie Smith 38. Connor Ballenden 37. Brandon Starcevich
    Inter: 48. Jack Tomkinson 51. Nick Smith 53. Daniel Fleming 54. Billy Johnson 55. Ben Sloan
    Emer: 56. Ronan Mayes 52. Corey Gladdish 56. Jonah Farry
    In: 20. Cedric Cox 22. Marco Paparone 35. Ryan Lester 51. Nick Smith 45. Jack Frost 54. Billy Johnson
    Out: Jake Barrett (AFL) 51. Jesse Quint (Academy) 52. Ethan Hunt (injured) 33. Zac Bailey (AFL) 42. Mitch Hinge (injured)

New: 51. Nick Smith 54. Billy Johnson

SYDNEY

B: 38. Colin O�Riordan 21. Jack Maibaum 45. Angus Styles
    HB: 19. Matthew Ling 49. Darcy Cordell 33. Ryley Stoddart
    C: 1. James Rose 32. James Bell 42. Robbie Fox
    HF: 27. Daniel Robinson 30. Tom McCartin 51. Luke Skrivanic
    F: 25. Ben Ronke 46. Joel Amartey 56. Lachlan Dent
    Foll: 17. Darcy Cameron 41. Jake Brown 31. Harrison Marsh
    Inter: 55. Bailey Stewart 50. Nick Eynaud 54. Dylan Smith 57. Kyle Veerhuis 58. McKinlay Pearce
    Emer: 52. Tom Meacham 53. Domonic Soffe
    In: 42. Robbie Fox 33. Ryley Stoddart 57. Kyle Veerhuis 58. McKinlay Pearce 49. Darcy Cordell 51. Luke Skrivanic
    Out: 36. Aliir Aliir (AFL) 28. Nic Newman (AFL) 49. Isaac Bartholomeus (Academy) 6. Jordan Foote (injured) 56. Joey Reinhard (Academy) 52. Tom Meacham (omitted)

New: 33. Ryley Stoddart 57. Kyle Veerhuis 58. McKinlay Pearce 49. Darcy Cordell

Regular in the Side
    No Dawson or AJ yet. At least one of Marsh, Fox, Robinson or Ronke will drop out as an emergency for the AFL.

Quote Originally Posted by penga View Post
    Hmmm. Mods?

IMO, he would be playing Aussie Rules without the Academy.
    He might be but at what level? The level of AFL football in Sydney before the Academy system was introduced was abysmal. My brother only managed to play one or two reserves games in Broken Hill but he walked into an Sydney side. Vince Gaucci captained Balmain in the old days and eventually coached them. Vince was a very good player from Broken Hill but he won the B & F first year up.

The standard of the previous comp including the ACT teams was simply terrible. More NSW players played VFL/AFL football directly from the country more often than from Sydney. The academy has changed that and the standard of footy has improved at all levels. Young Blakey was able to match up against players from the GWS, Lions and Suns academies and play against high standard opponents. If he had to play for one of the Sydney clubs without an academy the result would have been a very poor standard, so his standard would have fallen.
    Last edited by wolftone57; 13th April 2018 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Mistake

I agree, although without the academy he would have been going to school in Melbourne and playing tac

Senior Player
    Happy to see the reports that Maibaum and Ling were injured last week are false.Must have been cramp just as the NEAFL commentators said.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Robinson out Meacham in

Veteran Site Admin
    If anyone is lurking now on RWO, they may like to know that the Swans NEAFL game is being streamed over on the NEAFL site. I've only just discovered this.

Mind you, not sure that the site is working properly. It took ages to load and I'm not currently getting any sound. It is quarter time and the score is 22-21 (Swans ahead).