Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Broke Bad Barry

Big Broke Bad Barry

Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    I guess he could try and get another job. That is a common thing people do when they lose their jobs.
    I wonder if he's thought of that. Nah, probably not.

Warming the Bench
    Why was Montagna talking about his wife getting a "sweep" in the first place. Barry was stupid to say it but he was just playing off the situation. Barry isn't the only one at fault here

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by mattybloods View Post
    Why was Montagna talking about his wife getting a "sweep" in the first place. Barry was stupid to say it but he was just playing off the situation. Barry isn't the only one at fault here
    That's a good question. Presumably he and Barry are in the same "mental league". Barry has been playing the big, tough guy for a long time
    from the comfort of a nice six figure salary. He only got fired a month or so back, so it hasn't taken long for that façade to crumble.

Warming the Bench
    Barry earned lot of $ in his playing days. He owned expensive houses in Sydney, then in Melbourne. I suspect he has thrown it around like a bigshot only to find it didn't come back with interest. He also has a taste for expensive cars which depreciate rather quickly.

All clubs these days employ financial advisors to get players ready for life after footy. Barry has been quite open about his struggles since retirement - he wouldn't be the only player to experience this.

Quote Originally Posted by mattybloods View Post
    That and there is a dump button for a reason

Has he got a trade to fall back on?
    He can always go on the dole. I'm sure a few of the Bulldogs supporters can help him fill in the paperwork.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Crikey. What has he done with his money? He's earned a income that many people can only dream about, even after tax. Zero sympathy from me. It looks like he'll have to get off his arse and work like the rest of us now.

Veterans List
    One silly comment and a club legend is reduced to the "an asshole that deserves to be poor" category.....doesn't take much these days to become an 'outcast' does it? Because we're all perfect? I highly doubt it......

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    One silly comment and a club legend is reduced to the "an asshole that deserves to be poor" category.....doesn't take much these days to become an 'outcast' does it? Because we're all perfect? I highly doubt it......
    I don't think anyone in this thread has said he deserves to be poor. Rather they have expressed surprise that, after earning a very decent living for more than a decade playing football, he hasn't got some financial resources stashed away. Or some skills and/or contacts that can help him find a way to earn an income.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I don't think anyone in this thread has said he deserves to be poor. Rather they have expressed surprise that, after earning a very decent living for more than a decade playing football, he hasn't got some financial resources stashed away. Or some skills and/or contacts that can help him find a way to earn an income.
    Fair point Liz but some have been less than kind.....

"He's a victim now. Oh please."

"Zero sympathy from me. It looks like he'll have to get off his arse and work like the rest of us now."

"He can always go on the dole. I'm sure a few of the Bulldogs supporters can help him fill in the paperwork."

"I suspect he has thrown it around like a bigshot only to find it didn't come back with interest."

Barry stuffed up, we all agree on that......it doesn't mean he is unworthy of understanding and forgiveness. Everyone deserves forgiveness.

Some in society are quick to throw others on the scrap heap, apparently supremely comfortable with their own 'perfectness'.....

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Fair point Liz but some have been less than kind.....

"He's a victim now. Oh please."

"Zero sympathy from me. It looks like he'll have to get off his arse and work like the rest of us now."

"He can always go on the dole. I'm sure a few of the Bulldogs supporters can help him fill in the paperwork."

"I suspect he has thrown it around like a bigshot only to find it didn't come back with interest."

Barry stuffed up, we all agree on that......it doesn't mean he is unworthy of understanding and forgiveness. Everyone deserves forgiveness.

Some in society are quick to throw others on the scrap heap, apparently supremely comfortable with their own 'perfectness'.....
    But all those comments relate to his claim his is broke, not to the comment he made that lost him his job.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast