Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Team changes 1st elimination final v GWS

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Just a hunch or did you have coffee with him this morning?
    Horse seems pretty sure about him playing.
    I didn't think Longmire was super confident in the presser today. Franklin and Parker are not fit enough to train properly tomorrow. His language was 'medical staff are reasonably confident' and 'level of confidence they'll be alright to play'. I've heard sunnier injury prognostications from John.

I also wouldn't be overly surprised if they don't play. I do wonder whether there's any chance of rolling the dice with Reid if Buddy doesn't get up.

Groins are 3 to 4 weeks, and he's not exactly a spring chicken anymore. He will be trying to get back in 3.
    If its a risk (of doing more damage and missing the rest of the finals), do they play him at 70%?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Groins are 3 to 4 weeks, and he's not exactly a spring chicken anymore. He will be trying to get back in 3.
    If its a risk (of doing more damage and missing the rest of the finals), do they play him at 70%?
    Doubt we can win without him. Not against the Giants. Some other teams, maybe. (We weren't far off against the Hawks last week and beat them earlier in the year sans Buddy.)

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Reg to Full Forward!
    Papley/Hayward to play at his feet (not the midfield)
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Hasn’t Bud played at substantially under 100%
    since Round 1 ?
    He’ll be out there .

Are we there yet?
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Are we there yet?
    Agreed! Argh this has felt like forever!
    Just want it to be game day already!

OK, so if Buddy doesn't get up. What is our plan B. Throw caution to the wind and bring in Reid? Use Rohan at full-forward? Reg? Cameron?

I don't think we could go in with mccartin as our only key forward again.

Option A. Play Cameron ruck, and Sinclair forward. Risky because GWS's real weakness is their ruck and Lobb could rip Cameron apart. But I don't think Cameron can hold down a forward spot.

Option B. Play Rohan. Not a key forward, and not a big ball winner,. This is probably the "safest" option, but our chances to win are low.

Option c. Play Reid. It's his natural position, gives him game time for the rest of the finals. Most likely to backfire though.

If you are looking to win a flag, the best 4 week strategy is to get Reid back in the team. Option c.

Senior Player
    Looks like GWS will be quite a different team to a few weeks ago with Kelly, Greene, Williams, and maybe Deledio & de Boer in.
    Lovable Toby's presence out there can't be underestimated. Even though he has been a bit rusty, GWS haven't lost in the seven
    games he has played this year. Also Davis playing and Buddy maybe not is a whole different ball game to last time when Davis
    was largely out of action and Buddy was up and about. We can't even fall back on a home ground advantage anymore.

Giants could be quite unsettled with multiple changes, uncertain form , a full house of Swans fans , their inexperience in finals (compared to Swans long standing record) .
    two previous consecutive losses.
    I don’t think they are any shoein.
    If they do progress, good luck to them , however SYDNEY are no mugs at this finals caper.
    Well I do want the kids to have another final at the G (I think West Coast will beat Pies).

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Looks like GWS will be quite a different team to a few weeks ago with Kelly, Greene, Williams, and maybe Deledio & de Boer in.
    Lovable Toby's presence out there can't be underestimated. Even though he has been a bit rusty, GWS haven't lost in the seven
    games he has played this year. Also Davis playing and Buddy maybe not is a whole different ball game to last time when Davis
    was largely out of action and Buddy was up and about. We can't even fall back on a home ground advantage anymore.
    If there is one player that can play good footy after having a long break its Sam Reid. Have a look at history and how well he plays after a break. With an injury cloud hanging over buddy, Iwould take the risk. Also Rohan could be handy at the SCG ground. Just drop him when we get to a bigger ground.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast