Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Team changes 1st elimination final v GWS

Regular in the Side
    Sam Reid did not play too well in the NEAFL which was his last game after a long break.

If Buddy doesnt play, I would play Cameron at full forward because he is a good mark and accurate goal kicker. Better option than Reid at this time as he is fit and can help in the ruck when Sinclair needs a break. A bit radical but best option that will stretch GWS backmen. He is fit and in great form. Smokey for me and worth a go as nothing to lose, go for win

If both Reid and Cameron are fit to play a full game (which is in itself a big if), and Buddy isn't, it will come down to whether a very rusty Reid will create more problems than a fit and firing Cameron.
    I think playing Reid would be a huge risk. If Cameron could break even in the ruck v Lobb and allow Sinkers to play mostly as a forward, then ...

There's a lot of #DarcyLove on here. He only needs one breakout game to prove to the coaches and himself he can play at AFL level.

I'm hoping Steve Johnson's insider knowledge will help us handle Toby Greene. Nick Smith is a huge out for the Swans.

Veteran Site Admin
    I don't think the coaches will think about Reid for more than a nanosecond. He didn't even last a quarter in his last comeback attempt, and that's the same pattern as he showed in 2016 - one injury to be shortly replaced by another as soon as he stepped out into the NEAFL side.

If (and it's a big IF) he can get through the NEAFL game on Saturday morning, then he might come into reckoning the following week, if the senior team is playing.

This injury update implies all 3: Buddy, Parker and Reid will be available to play this Saturday

Franklin, Parker join training - sydneyswans.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    If Buddy doesnt play, I would play Cameron at full forward
    So you'd go in with key position forwards of Cameron and mccartin?. That would be the least experienced forward line to ever front up to a final.
    Throw in ronke, papley and Heywood, is anyone over 23?

Cameron was terrible in his only AFL game and an elimination final isn't the time to try and change that.

We desperately need an experienced, strong 2nd tall forward. It has to be either Grundy or a rusty Reid. Don't care either way but we can't win with a half fit Buddy and a kid in McCartin.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Listening to the latest "The Rub" podcast Barrett said his "mail" is that Buddy and Parker will be playing. For whatever that is worth?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Listening to the latest "The Rub" podcast Barrett said his "mail" is that Buddy and Parker will be playing. For whatever that is worth?
    He probably just watched AFL 360 and heard Longmire say he was confident they'd play. Always best to get things from Horse's mouth.

He might have read the Swans website injury update

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    He probably just watched AFL 360 and heard Longmire say he was confident they'd play. Always best to get things from Horse's mouth.
    Yes, Longmire was more confident in that interview than in his presser earlier in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Giants could be quite unsettled with multiple changes, uncertain form , a full house of Swans fans , their inexperience in finals (compared to Swans long standing record) .
    two previous consecutive losses.
    I don’t think they are any shoein.
    If they do progress, good luck to them , however SYDNEY are no mugs at this finals caper.
    Well I do want the kids to have another final at the G (I think West Coast will beat Pies).
    Giants are already pretty unsettled by losing their last 2 games, against fellow finalists in fairly convincing fashion.
    They need to implement multiple changes, because the team that they put out in the last round wont win a final.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast