Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Ticketek cooked ?

Is Ticketek cooked ?

Its got us into finals year after year but every year we have to struggle.

It just doesn't have a game-plan that works in finals - 25 minutes after the bounce today and their web-site is still queuing.

Just for fun:
    Ticketek Australia Reviews - ProductReview.com.au
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    It just doesn't have a game-plan that works in finals...
    ]
    Totally cooked. Its telling me that the entire stadium is sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by iigrover View Post
    Totally cooked. Its telling me that the entire stadium is sold out.
    Dang - well you got further than me, I'm stuck on the "Hold tight, you're in the queue" message, where I've been for 38 minutes...
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Senior Player
    Its got us into finals year after year but every year we have to struggle.

It just doesn't have a game-plan that works in finals - 25 minutes after the bounce today and their web-site is still queuing.

Just for fun:
    Ticketek Australia Reviews - ProductReview.com.au
    Their system just struggles with all the volume of four finals going on sale at once. I got mine (good seats) at 9:06 with no
    drama at all, so it can be a lucky dip. Like with concerts if you just buying a small number of tickets you are likely to get
    better seats than trying to buy a larger number. Finals are a time to be brutal as to who your real friends are.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Their system just struggles with all the volume of four finals going on sale at once. I got mine (good seats) at 9:06 with no drama at all, so it can
    be a lucky dip. Like with concerts if you just buying a small number of tickets you are likely to get better seats than trying to buy a
    larger number. Finals are a time to be brutal as to who your real friends are.
    I know I'm preaching to the converted here, but (a) they know that their service sucks under load, so invest in more server grunt and (b) the AFL know that Ticketek sucks so stagger the ticket sales.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Their system just struggles with all the volume of four finals going on sale at once. I got mine (good seats) at 9:06 with no
    drama at all, so it can be a lucky dip. Like with concerts if you just buying a small number of tickets you are likely to get
    better seats than trying to buy a larger number. Finals are a time to be brutal as to who your real friends are.
    I had tickets in my basket at 9.04 am exactly where we wanted them.... then went to pay and it kicked me out into the queue. Got back in, only to get a message completely exhausted (WHAT THE!). Now stuck in a queue again.

It is inexcusable this @@@@ that we go through year after year after year. At very least spread the release of games so they aren't all put out together. Or spend some @@@@ing money Ticketek and get a decent server - it is not like you don't know this is coming year after year after year after year. Utterly infuriating.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Goes up to 11
    I got through at about 9.15, quickly bought 4 x Cat 2 tickets in Bay 8, paid, then was timed out a few minutes later whilst the payment was processing. I've been charged the $$$s, and have now been back in the queue for close to 30 minutes when I selected 'check for recent transactions' on the site. No email as yet with tickets either.
    Aaaaaargh.
    Useless....

Senior Player
    I know I'm preaching to the converted here, but (a) they know that their service sucks under load, so invest in more server grunt and (b) the AFL know that Ticketek sucks so stagger the ticket sales.
    Yes, that's the part I don't get. Why don't they sell one game at 9AM, one at 11AM, the next at 1PM and so forth.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Rooted.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Absolutely pathetic ticketek..

Agree with above - if someone in the AFL actually ever has to buy tickets through this useless organisation they would know what the ordinary punters have to go through.

First attempt the SGC was sold out. Second attempt cannot even get into the queue.

^%$^%$*(&^&(*%^&(*8

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Some users on Twitter reporting more luck with the mobile website.

I had a friend trying to buy them and I ended up jumping in too to help. Mobile App was no good, IE still won't let me in but I got through on Chrome straight away. It ahd said that all categories were sold out other than Cat 1, but I had no luck there either. I was about to give up and thought I'd try Cat 2 again and got the tickets I wanted in a decent bay. No idea if that was luck or management but there is no doubt that Ticketek's annual inability to sort this out is an endless frustration.

I wonder how many tickets are already popping up on resale sites?
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast