Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Finals week one

Geelong's abysmal finals form continues.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I also find the Demons far more palatable than the Cats. That's not hard, not when a Scott coaches the Cats and their team is full of whiners and whingers who screw up their faces every time a free kick decision goes against them.

I am also reasonably confident the Dees will win. When was the last time the Cats managed to win a game coming off a bye, mid-season or pre-finals? And this year they don't have the double chance to give them an opportunity to regroup and go again.
    I can’t imagine Chris Scott being a happy chappy at quarter time.

Dees will knock off Hawthorn as well.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Reminiscent of our first quarter against them in 2016 Prelim

Razor is a very grateful person, he’s always saying ‘thank you very much’ when he gets the ball.

Just wondering, travelling between Canberra and Beechworth at game time, which radio station am I listening to?
    One vege patch at a time
    www.onegreenacre.com
    Looking for a beer? Look here,
    www.whereisthepub.org

There's the school of thought that Melbourne are the 2018 version of Richmond. Now the monkey is off their back, they are going to blossom like the Tigers did.

- - - Updated - - -

Mind you Cats somehow won that quarter

I like the demons because they have some ex essendon players who said "this is bull@@@@" and got out of that sick club instead of trying to defend the indefensible.

Wasting it a lot though. Cats are in this.

Senior Player
    Great first quarter by the Dees and can't fault their effort, but poor in front of goal in the second. They could be 8 goals up with the game more or less in the bag.

Haven't seen many of their games this year, I'm starting to see why people like to watch them.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Great first quarter by the Dees and can't fault their effort, but poor in front of goal in the second. They could be 8 goals up with the game more or less in the bag.

Haven't seen many of their games this year, I'm starting to see why people like to watch them.
    They are both attempting to play the same style as Richmond, but Dees are doing it better than Cats. Makes great footy to watch and hard to contain. I hope we're up for it.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    I wonder if the 2 bruise free games that the cats played to finish the season has had an impact. Early on they didn't seem to be playing finals footy whereas the demons were tackling like crazy.

I'm at the game and I've never seen so many demons supporters in my life!! Even the MCC Members is packed and that doesn't even happen on GF day.
    Last edited by Mel_C; 7th September 2018 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    They are both attempting to play the same style as Richmond, but Dees are doing it better than Cats. Makes great footy to watch and hard to contain. I hope we're up for it.
    By the end of the game last night it felt like the Hawks were also trying to knock the ball forward at every opportunity and never trying to pick it up. I know conditions were wet.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast