Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFLFinals 2ndEF Swans vs Giants, SCG, Sat 8 Sep 4:20pm @sydneyswans #AFLSwansGiants

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Buddy's obviously not 100% fit and Davis is well on top but our delivery into the Bud is deplorable......

- - - Updated - - -

Because the Bud doesn't get free kicks......
    This. They keep crapping on about how well davis plays buddy. I think what they should be saying is how he can do whatever the hell he likes to buddy with impunity.

Not the reason we losing. Too many passengers in the first half.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Not watching the game, but hoping Swans can turn it on in the premiership Q
    Lucky your not watching.....it looks hopeless at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    He can play loose unaccountable football but can't play one on one defensive football. Doesn't have the smarts.
    Why would you say he doesn't have the smarts? He seems very bright to me.

His role is to be the loose defender, so he's the one that gets manned up, not the other way round.

I thought he did well jumping over Himmelberg. It just didn't turn out well. It would have been so easy to give away a free kick if he went to ground. He kept his feet, like you're supposed to do.

Aliir, McVeigh, Hewett and Rampe have all been good. But as usual, we really have problems hitting targets in our forward line.

Hanners has terrible disposal - Alir was trying to protect his opponent from serious injury when he jumped over him - our young players are being monstered - I think the giants have just over 1000 supporters here - which is sad - And I think our players need to become a bit more physical - too many being bumped off the ball

Injuries catching up to the Swans...against the team the AFL has deliberately designed to reign for the next five years (despite the Tigers having other thoughts). Haven't played great but have been physical and are at least in the contest. Don't know if they can match up in this weather for talent and the officiating has been very poor...the free kick count is closer but the actual decisions have been awful.

That said, if the Swans can trade Hanneberry to St. Kilda, it will be an absolute coup. Love what he has done for Sydney but as Indiana Jones said "it's not the year, it's the mileage." He is an old 27 year old...

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Why would you say he doesn't have the smarts? He seems very bright to me.

His role is to be the loose defender, so he's the one that gets manned up, not the other way round.

I thought he did well jumping over Himmelberg. It just didn't turn out well. It would have been so easy to give away a free kick if he went to ground. He kept his feet, like you're supposed to do.

Aliir, McVeigh, Hewett and Rampe have all been good. But as usual, we really have problems hitting targets in our forward line.
    The fundamental problem, and applies all over the field. We simply do not use the ball well enough in games like this.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Bud doesn’t have many games without doing some awesome stuff .
    Limited opportunities so far.
    No way Giants have this in the bag .

Like last year, we played the wrong players in the heart of the H&A season. COR and Cameron should both be in this side. McCartin should not.

Jones is not a good defender; he should play in the midfield.

I don't think Buddy is injured. The ball is just not coming to his advantage. He's playing against a great key defender. Buddy should be playing up ground.

Veterans List
    There's no doubt we are close enough to turn this around so we're not out of it but there would have to be a massive improvement in our ball handling and disposal skills and general decision making......

I thought that Parker was our best in that half. When the rain came, it seemed that Kennedy started to exert some more influence. McVeigh was our most creative with the ball.
    Sometimes, our chase seemed a bit half hearted. Need to fix that and put more pressure on. And the umpires need to pay a few frees against Davis.
    Hopefully, we can win a war of attrition.

Veterans List
    Kelly has been ruled out for the rest of the game.......it may not matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, we got a holding the ball! But no 50......

Senior Player
    The Swans have no run. We break down coming out of defense and can’t hit anyone in the forward 50 when we do come out successfully. Big changes are needed to win this. Bud needs to come up the ground and play on the wing, I’d put Joey forward and bring Macca up to cover for him. Need to try something here.

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast