Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Finals Week Two discussion thread.

Veterans List

#AFL Finals Week Two discussion thread.

I see Hawthorn has lost Jaeger O'Meara for this week due to.......injury. Feel for the player but can't help but giggle a little bit. Truthfully, when I first read the headline, I actually laughed my ass off!

With Stratton also out, Dees are looking more and more likely.

After Greene's antics last week, I can't believe that I am actually going for Collingwood in the other game.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 13th September 2018 at 08:16 PM.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I see Hawthorn has lost Jaeger O'Meara for this week due to.......injury. Feel for the player but can't help but giggle a little bit. Truthfully, when I first read the headline, I actually laughed my ass off!

After Greene's antics last week, I can't believe that I am actually going for Collingwood in the other game.
    Yeah, that might be taking the anti-Toby vibe a bit too far Stevo.

Senior Player

I'm going for Collingwood. I quite like Buckley. Pendlebury seems a good person too. Also Adams, Cox and Grundy.

It will be a dark day in hell before I ever support Collingwood, or any Victorian team for that matter.
    Go giants and weagles next week.

Giant$ and Dees.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    It will be a dark day in hell before I ever support Collingwood, or any Victorian team for that matter.
    Go giants and weagles next week.
    Swans over Southport.

Couldn’t care about any other game. As I’m a (displaced) Victorian, I don’t share your anti-Victorian sentiment. I like Victoria. I remember the Swans’ South Melbourne roots. I don’t care what others say - I love the MCG. Though I do disdain Collingwood (stolen too many players to forgive), Hawthorn (stole players & arrogant), Richmond (arrogant & I don’t care for their come out of the closet when they’re winning supporters), Carlton (stole players, tried to get us kicked out in the 90s, 1945 Bloodbath GF), The Bulldogs (2016 & Libba Snr), Essendon (Danihers), North (1996 & many of their supporters).

Oh, I guess I’m not fond of the Saints either after Foschini & Morwood ... and many since (but I do feel sorry for them - and they did give us Lockett and Hall). Just something about Geelong too (maybe it’s all those F/S’s they got cheap and then complained about our academy after Heeney & Mills, maybe it’s playing easy beats at the Cattery & then claiming it as a Paw-tress). Hmmm seems as though that might only leave the Dees. They did have David Williams. And gave us Healy. But, I may as well complete the set. Don’t care for them either.

Having said that, can’t stand the Eagles (2006 & their supporters); Crows & Port - makes living in Adelaide an utter misery (just shift the Vic border 300km west and make my life better!), GC$ & GW$ - can’t stand those AFL assisted manufactured pieces of fluff (though I feel sorry for the mismanaged $uns at the moment); the young GW$ players show no respect and no class. Brisbane (mostly because of that “Fitzroy merger” business - how do you call taking half a dozen players a merger?!).

Freo? I guess they’re harmless. So far. I’ll learn to dislike them.

I suppose the Swans are the only team for me.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Listened to Radio National this morning. Their sports reporter referred to Hawthorn as the "Dirty Nappies!"

Let's hope the Demons know how to dispose of dirty nappies clinically and efficiently! Go Dees!

I know there's a lot of anti-GWS sentiment on RWO but imagine McGuire's reaction if Collingwood lost to them! Hoping to see his head explode for the second week in a row!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Listened to Radio National this morning. Their sports reporter referred to Hawthorn as the "Dirty Nappies!"

Let's hope the Demons know how to dispose of dirty nappies clinically and efficiently! Go Dees!

I know there's a lot of anti-GWS sentiment on RWO but imagine McGuire's reaction if Collingwood lost to them! Hoping to see his head explode for the second week in a row!
    One of the benefits of Pies making the finals is Schadenfreud-Eddie plus we have their second round draft pick. And I want a Sydney team to win

Pies and Dees for me. I think I dislike GWS even more than Collingwood.

GWS and Dees for mine. Or all 4 to be disqualified, along with Richmond, Geelong and West Coast and the flag awarded to the Swans by default
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    I see the AFL has ballsed up the GF entertaiment yet again! @@@@ing Black Eyed Peas......WTF? Back to the early 2000's. Sheese, they were always over rated crap and are even less relevant now! NRL are far better in this area.....
    Last edited by liz; 14th September 2018 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Please don't evade the swear filter. It's there for a reason.

I see the AFL has ballsed up the GF entertaiment yet again! @@@@ing Black Eyed Peas......WTF? Back to the early 2000's. Sheese, they were always over rated crap and are even less relevant now! NRL are far better in this area.....
    Yes gang of youths , they will be brilliant . Great choice by the NRL. Agree on the black red peas ( yuck) probably about 15 years too late on this one , and even
    then Not sure it’s a great choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by liz; 14th September 2018 at 08:21 PM. Reason: edited quoted text for reason provided above

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast