Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFLGF Pies v Eagles

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    So much to love about this result!

1. Eddie’s team lost!
    2. The higher ranked and more deserving team won despite conceding the home ground advantage.
    3. The Collingwood Army will be devastated.
    4. Lewis Jetta got another Premiership medal.
    5. Eddie’s team lost!
    6. That grub Tony Shaw didn’t get to present the Premiership cup.
    7. Collingwood supporters will be incensed that they didn’t get a free in the marking contest that led to the last goal.
    8. The Collingwood Army will be devastated.
    9. West Coast players displayed manners and humility when receiving their awards.
    10. Eddie’s team lost!

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Well done Lewis Jetta.....evoking memories of Kennelly on the dias!
    Yes, it was almost a jig. I wonder if he thought of doing the Goodesy spear dance?
    And I do enjoy the kiddies presenting the medals. Especially some of the more chatty ones.
    I'm also always reminded of what I think is a big difference between our GF and the Super Bowl. At our presentation, the captain and coach always make a point of congratulating and consoling the beaten opposition. At the Super Bowl, practically everybody thanks God, but no one ever thanks the opposition. I much prefer our way.

Good teams win at the MCG no matter which State they are from, or who they are playing.

No matter who whinges or how much they whinge, the venue isn’t changing any time soon.

Time to let it go for a while or the next 4 decades are going to get tedious.

So wanted West Coast to win, but didn’t think they would with all the home ground advantages for the Pies (unfair).
    Non Vic clubs have to do it against the odds.

Thats the main reason apart from Eddie of course.
    Joffas back story the other night (Open Mike) was really heart warming, tough life, quite an articulate man. I like him. Like Bucks .
    Have only seen last 11 mins.
    Sounds like it was a ripper.

Veterans List
    Please tell me there is a photo of Eddie crying??

What a game! I thought that the Eagles had lost it with all those missed shots. And yet they kicked the hard one.

When Darling dropped that mark I thought for sure that Collingwood would take it down all the way for a goal and he would have been scarred for life!!

Finally there was a close grand final without the swans being involved.

The Collingwood supporters where stunned at the end. We know how they feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    So wanted West Coast to win, but didn’t think they would with all the home ground advantages for the Pies (unfair).
    Non Vic clubs have to do it against the odds.

Thats the main reason apart from Eddie of course.
    Joffas back story the other night (Open Mike) was really heart warming, tough life, quite an articulate man. I like him. Like Bucks .
    Have only seen last 11 mins.
    Sounds like it was a ripper.
    Yes, I was surprised how likeable Joffa was, when he was interviewed by Georgie Tunny the other day. Though I suppose that Georgie Tunny, would bring out the likeable in many people.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Gaff must be kicking himself right now.
    Not kicking, punching

Pies led for 104 mins.
    Eagles led for 9 mins.
    OUCH !!
    Would not to be Eddies cat tonight!

- - - Updated - - -

Veteran Site Admin
    It was a great game to watch, with each quarter (and even distinct sections within quarters) having very different flavours. I wondered at half-time whether Jack Darling was even out there, but he came out and played a very influential second half (with the exception of that dropped mark).

Collingwood were stiff not to get a free to Maynard for that blatant shepherd, but West Coast were the better team across the whole game (and much better after quarter time), and are deserved premiers.

I think I might have given the nod to McGovern for the Norm Smith, but Shuey was very very good too.

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Good teams win at the MCG no matter which State they are from, or who they are playing.

No matter who whinges or how much they whinge, the venue isn’t changing any time soon.

Time to let it go for a while or the next 4 decades are going to get tedious.
    It won't change, especially after the VFL recently signed a long term deal but tha still doesn't change the FACT that it's a huge advantage for the Victorian teams. The VFL need to even up the playing field somehow.

Veterans List
    I've got Fox but had to watch it on Ch7 of course which isn't HD like Fox. Can't believe how blurry the picture is, was doing my head in. How do you not on Fox watch games like that, I know we did before HD but man it's crap.

Eddy is doing the saddest coke of his life right now

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast