Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFLGF Pies v Eagles

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Eddy is doing the saddest coke of his life right now
    Glad to see an interstate side win the Flag, even though I dislike West Coast for their whining supporters. Not sure who their fitness coach is but they always finish their games full of running.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, I was surprised how likeable Joffa was, when he was interviewed by Georgie Tunny the other day. Though I suppose that Georgie Tunny, would bring out the likeable in many people.
    +1

I see Tom Harley is attending the Womens T20 Aust. v NZ tonight......have fun Tom.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Ohh, why are people so unkind?
    Was at the game and by chance McGuire walked past me with his family after the game. He had a face like thunder and was copping a fair amount of stick as he passed by. Very enjoyable day!

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Was at the game and by chance McGuire walked past me with his family after the game. He had a face like thunder and was copping a fair amount of stick as he passed by. Very enjoyable day!
    Just as long as he doesn't include us, in his plans for vengeance.

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Glad to see an interstate side win the Flag, even though I dislike West Coast for their whining supporters. Not sure who their fitness coach is but they always finish their games full of running.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    By “interstate” teams, I take it you mean “non-Victorian”? For a New South Welsh person, an interstate team would be anything other than the Swans or Giants.
    As I’m a Victorian Swans supporter who unfortunately lives in SA, calling teams interstate is altogether confusing!

- - - Updated - - -

Is it mean that I want to see pictures of Edward’s misery?

Not a big Nathan Buckley fan but I must respect 2 actions of his today. Consoling the Magpie cheer squad members when their banner fell apart quicker than Kurt Tippett, on the biggest stage, of the biggest day for them, in the most public of ways. The cheer squad are, in their own way, a significant part of the Grand Final day experience. They take their job very seriously and what occurred was quite embarrassing for them. At a time when Buckley’s attention could and should rightly have been on match day issues, he took the time to console the cheer squad. The second thing was his consoling the distraught runner after after the game. Even during the coverage when the incident occurred, many coaches would have gone ballistic. But video the cut to Bucks he was collected and measured. I might not like Collingwood or Bucks, but I do respect the character he showed in those moments.

The ‘Boys Club’ (however with Kelli Underwood) and Dermie interviews with Eddie after the Pies previous two victories just bugged me.
    He just seems to rub you up the wrong way, Collingwood may be better with a less high profile, less volatile and far less anti Non Victorian President.
    He’s reached his use-by date and has gone off.
    He must annoy even some Collingwood people.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Well I guess that unfortunately takes the heat off the unfairness on i/state sides of the GF always being at the MCG......but that situation still sucks.
    Where should it be played then? Castlemaine?????

Great grand final. Collingwood losing by a goal at their home ground is 2nd best to the swans winning it.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Not a big Nathan Buckley fan but I must respect 2 actions of his today. Consoling the Magpie cheer squad members when their banner fell apart quicker than Kurt Tippett, on the biggest stage, of the biggest day for them, in the most public of ways. The cheer squad are, in their own way, a significant part of the Grand Final day experience. They take their job very seriously and what occurred was quite embarrassing for them. At a time when Buckley’s attention could and should rightly have been on match day issues, he took the time to console the cheer squad. The second thing was his consoling the distraught runner after after the game. Even during the coverage when the incident occurred, many coaches would have gone ballistic. But video the cut to Bucks he was collected and measured. I might not like Collingwood or Bucks, but I do respect the character he showed in those moments.
    My opinion of Buckley changed for the better after that "Malthouse/Buckley 2 coaches" thing. Malthouse carried on like a petulant brat while Buckley approached the situation with dignity and maturity. He's maintained that attitude ever since and obviously it was on display again today. While I still feel that he has an extremely healthy self image, I now find him to be quite likeable.

However, any positive feelings I have for the Collingwood coach are completely obliterated by my contempt for McGuire. Will never forgive what he said about Goodesy and how the gutless Collingwood board and leaders at AFL headquarters let him get away with it. Thrilled they lost!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    My opinion of Buckley changed for the better after that "Malthouse/Buckley 2 coaches" thing. Malthouse carried on like a petulant brat while Buckley approached the situation with dignity and maturity. He's maintained that attitude ever since and obviously it was on display again today. While I still feel that he has an extremely healthy self image, I now find him to be quite likeable.

However, any positive feelings I have for the Collingwood coach are completely obliterated by my contempt for McGuire. Will never forgive what he said about Goodesy and how the gutless Collingwood board and leaders at AFL headquarters let him get away with it. Thrilled they lost!
    Can’t disagree with any of that

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast