Page 8 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NEAFL discussion thread

Regular in the Side
    I would expect that Stoddart is the travelling emergency for Carlton.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I believe they are playing in Canberra at a stadium that used to be called Manuka.

The schedule I read on the Swans' website promises an interesting day of football. They had the U18 game kicking off at 11am and an U16 game (also involving our academy) kicking off at 12pm. I'm not sure whether the two games are proposed to work in a parallel or orthogonal fashion, or whether they'll used different coloured balls to make things easier for the four teams...
    The latter game described as starting at 2pm here: Academy: Swans to face arch-rival - sydneyswans.com.au.

Anyway, a helpful discussion; I might try to drag the kids down there for an hour.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Getting sick of playing the Giants. Besides tomorrow's match, we had a NEAFL practice match last week, the JLT game, the inter-club which replaced the intra-club game. There'll be the AFL match in a few weeks which of course will be preceded by another NEAFL game between these two sides.

Didn't have time to write a preview but I wanted to note that this season represents a changing of the guard in a few ways. The first being Lloyd Perris replacing Tadhg Kennelly as co-coach (joining Jeremy Laidler), this is an interesting appointment given that Perris at 24 years young will sometimes be coaching players older than him. E.g. Jack tomorrow.

Secondly, quite a few key players of the NEAFL side that has done so well in the last few years have departed. Dan Robinson, Harry Marsh, Jordan Foote, and Nic Newman are all former NEAFL Team of the Year members and important cogs. We still have the likes of Darcy Cameron, James Rose, Colin O'Riordan, and Jordan Dawson who were all very prominent last 2 years well although for the latter two hopefully we don't see so much of them at NEAFL level as it would mean they are in the senior side. And while it will be exciting to see this year's draftees - Rowbottom, Foot, Tucker, Reynolds, etc. the improvement we will be looking for should be coming from the second and third year players - Ryley Stoddart, Matthew Ling, Joel Amartey, and James Bell - who have shown glimpses but have yet to dominate a NEAFL match in the way of the departed players.

Should be an interesting season all round.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    It looks like Stoddart will be the travelling emergency seeing as he has been named on the bench for the ressies?
    I would place as much importance in the NEAFL named lineups as I would with the AFL - none.

Stoddart not playing replaced by Cooper Wilson.

Cumming not playing replaced by George Kendall

I’m reliably informed that Perris is the runner in the Carlton Swans game so looks like Laidler has sole charge today.

Guys just ran out. Looks like some jumper number changes

Jack is wearing 33
    Rowbottom is wearing 48
    Clarke is wearing 41

Rose, Clarke and Rowbottom start in the middle.

Melican at CHB on Briggs, Pink at FB on Flynn

Actually Jack in the middle, Rowbottom playing HF.

Anyone watching see that wicked right angle bounce from the snap 30 metres out.... talk about ripped off
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Rowbottom playing permanently forward today, could be a sign of where they see him playing in the seniors this year.

Page 8 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast