Page 115 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast
Results 1,369 to 1,380 of 1739

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Loved him. One of my favourite Swans in 30 years of watching them. Elite inside and out, one of the best in the game for a four/five year stretch and his 2012 grand final performance was one for the ages.

Outside that game, a few favourite memories:

* seeing him debut as a schoolboy!!

* the night at the SCG in 2013, when Ryan Crowley was at the absolute peak of his powers as the best tagger and just about the best endurance runner in the game, and sidled up to Hanners. It was no contest. Hanners damn well burned him to the ground with superior running power, and had something close to 30 possessions and four goals.

* and this contest and game always sticks in my mind. It was 2011, and a preview of the mark he'd take in front of THAT pack in the 2012 grand final. Most blokes who cop that would be done for the night. He just kept chugging away: SwansTV: Hannebery shows courage at its finest - YouTube

A total gun. We were blessed to see him play.
    I was at that game with my sister and niece. Surrounded by Bomber fans, all screaming their heads off. Disappointed when Goodesy missed the shot on goal, but it was an absolute cracking game, and probably meant we all got out alive!

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    I remembered this too - the club made sure he got a good farewell when it was clear the trade was going to happen, and he spoke wonderfully.

Skilton Medal: Hannebery Presentation
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Joey with the torn hamstring?
    Maybe Joey can sit on Papley's shoulders to take the pressure of the hammy.

Veterans List
    I remember in his first year he played a game at Marvel stadium, (maybe against Carlton?), and when he came on he started on the wing. The opposition player was a pest and kept bumping into him. Hanners just pushed him to the ground as if he was swatting a fly.

Senior Player

Veterans List
    This might be a St Kilda video but it's all Swans highlights of Dan at his best. What a player!

The title didn't age too well unfortunately.

Get excited: Dan Hannebery becomes a Saint | Trade Period, 2018 | AFL - YouTube

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    I remembered this too - the club made sure he got a good farewell when it was clear the trade was going to happen, and he spoke wonderfully.

Skilton Medal: Hannebery Presentation
    Very impressive. Definitely a Swan for life.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Maybe Joey can sit on Papley's shoulders to take the pressure of the hammy.
    Probably safer than sitting on the Lizard's.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Very impressive. Definitely a Swan for life.
    Fantastic.

Clarko’s arrival at North has swiftly resulted in the departure of two former Swans. General manager of football performance Daniel McPherson, as well as assistant coach Anthony Rocca,

Ben McGlynn leaving the position of a St Kilda Assistant Coach to move with his family back to his home town of Mildura.

“I’m passionate about strengthening the game and fostering talent in Mildura, so I’m hoping to bring some of my experience in the AFL to the region through Footy Star Academy Mildura” Ben said.

https://www.saints.com.au/news/11889...rewell-mcglynn

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Clarko’s arrival at North has swiftly resulted in the departure of two former Swans. General manager of football performance Daniel McPherson, as well as assistant coach Anthony Rocca,
    Sorry for those guys, especially McPherson. It sounds like Blakey is safe.