Page 2 of 145 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    My take away from Towers' comments is a sense of gratitude and zero claims of entitlement. I applaud the young man, who has just been delisted, yet carries himself with class. Wishing him every success as a prospective coach.
    Yeah, good call.
    And the attitude will carry him well on future endeavours
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

He's a good kid. One of my past sponsor children.
    Always polite. Always stopped to say hello. Always looked like a kangaroo in the headlights when he got the ball.
    Good on him.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

I agree with all the comments. Good on Deano I hope things work out for him. Playing coach is a pretty hard gig though. Much harder than coaching from the line or box. He seems a nice young bloke.

He seems like a nice guy. When he got the last minute contract renewel two years ago. I remember him saying he was happy to be here playing with his mates.

I think he will enjoy being a player/coach. He gets to continue playing whilst doing something related to his degree.

Hanners having hamstring issues at the Saints

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Hanners having hamstring issues at the Saints
    The old 'hamstring awareness'!

High-priced Saint sent for scans after hamstring scare - AFL.com.au

Awkward.....

Will turn out to be a masterstroke if this significantly impacts his year.
    Hanners is a 'build up to it' player.
    Takes 5 or 6 games just to get close to good form.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    My hope is that this thread does not turn into a 'Hanners' put down.
    I loved him when he was a Swan and will still take an interest in how he plays now he is a Saint and am sorry he has issues already.

Hope all our players get through the pre-season un-impeded.
    I wish him well, but I don’t really want him to dominate. In my twisted mind (towards the Saints) I’d like to imagine Hanners said “Horse, my body is shot. I can’t help you guys on the field. My last contribution to the club I love is trade me out while I have any value. I’ll miss you guys, but it’d nice to be closer to family. Get my pay off your books, my body is stuffed so let it break down somewhere else. When I get a job in the media after I retire, I’ll balance the anti-Swans bias! So who do you want to burden with my pay next year? You weren’t happy losing Membrey were you ....?”

Veterans List
    I'm with 09183305 on this......while I would hate for him to unravel in embarrassing circumstances as a high priced recruit at his new club, I don't want him to dominate if he recovers well and hangs in there. I will always love the guy, he is a Swans legend indeed.....but do I want him to end his career as a Saints legend as well? No!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Foote signs with WWT in the SANFL, causing unbridled joy in the WWT website headline department.

EAGLES NEW FOOTE PRINT AT OVAL AVENUE | SANFL

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    I wish him well, but I don’t really want him to dominate. In my twisted mind (towards the Saints) I’d like to imagine Hanners said “Horse, my body is shot. I can’t help you guys on the field. My last contribution to the club I love is trade me out while I have any value. I’ll miss you guys, but it’d nice to be closer to family. Get my pay off your books, my body is stuffed so let it break down somewhere else. When I get a job in the media after I retire, I’ll balance the anti-Swans bias! So who do you want to burden with my pay next year? You weren’t happy losing Membrey were you ....?”
    I think a Schneider-like saints career would suit both parties.

I'll always consider Schneider a swans player especially in the 2005 final against the saints.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Foote signs with WWT in the SANFL, causing unbridled joy in the WWT website headline department.

EAGLES NEW FOOTE PRINT AT OVAL AVENUE | SANFL
    Yes, I can't really see myself making any more of those sort of jokes: now that the boot is on the other foot.