Page 30 of 147 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    What a great idea! Don't think Shaw and Roos crossed over so they probably wouldn't have an established relationship but that doesn't matter, you'd think Roos could be a good mentor for any relatively green senior coach.
    I thought Shaw arrived at the end of 2008, while Roos was still senior coach. Didn't he once (or more than once) relate the first impression the club made on him, when Roos turned up at the airport to pick him up, and then drove him around the city to show him what was what?

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I thought Shaw arrived at the end of 2008, while Roos was still senior coach. Didn't he once (or more than once) relate the first impression the club made on him, when Roos turned up at the airport to pick him up, and then drove him around the city to show him what was what?
    I didn't check the dates so I stand corrected if you did. Do remember a story like that, maybe more than once, but can't remember which players were involved.

In fact Shaw was coached by Roos and "told the Herald Sun last month that Roos saved his football career and remains the man who inspires him as a coach."

Category: | Herald Sun

“He made me feel 10 feet tall and bullet proof. He is just a great person and I keep in touch with him to this day. He has just been a fantastic support for me and he is someone I aspire to be, no doubt,” [Shaw] said.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    In fact Shaw was coached by Roos and "told the Herald Sun last month that Roos saved his football career and remains the man who inspires him as a coach."

Category: | Herald Sun

“He made me feel 10 feet tall and bullet proof. He is just a great person and I keep in touch with him to this day. He has just been a fantastic support for me and he is someone I aspire to be, no doubt,” [Shaw] said.
    Thanks for that mw! I was clearly completely wrong.

I reckon a Shaw-Roos mentoring-coaching combo would be a good one

Hopefully it will mean that Roos will no longer have to make money by appearing in TV ads. He’s terrible
    Last edited by Markwebbos; 1st July 2019 at 08:22 PM.

Shaw can do the NM job himself. Roos should go back and coach Melbourne.

If I heard correctly, Michael O'Loughlin is the special guest on "The Front Bar" tonight.

Senior Player
    Hopefully it will mean that Roos will no longer have to make money by appearing in TV ads. He’s terrible
    He hates a buck

Well different people, different tastes. I like those real estate ads Roos does. Quite clever and Roos does his role well (in my opinion). For me a relief from the dross of most of the ads shown during sports broadcasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Well different people, different tastes. I like those real estate ads Roos does. Quite clever and Roos does his role well (in my opinion). For me a relief from the dross of most of the ads shown during sports broadcasts.
    I think Roos overacts terribly and is unconvincing. One I REALLY like is the Aami ad with Burgoyne and BT where the latter says "You've hit the post Silk. Not like you!"

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    If I heard correctly, Michael O'Loughlin is the special guest on "The Front Bar" tonight.
    I haven't seen it yet but the episode is here:

The Front Bar | 7plus

Looks like they have quite an extended chat about a few topics, including a special moment from Subiaco 2005

Sydney Swans on Twitter: "Micky O was on the @thefrontbar7 last night and the boys found an old friend of his from Perth!! 😂
    🎥: @thefrontbar7… "