Page 3 of 145 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

One person, who only just scrapes into the category of 'past player', but who now has a booming career, is Michael Dickson. He only just scrapes in, because his Swans career consisted of a few NEAFL games as an academy toppy: including the 2014 NEAFL GF. However, he has now almost finished his rookie year as a punter in the NFL: where he's actually done well enough, to be selected for the Pro Bowl. He also gained a bit more admiration and publicity today, by bringing back the dropkick, after he had to cover for the injured Seattle place kicker.
    Our academy kids storming the world!

And speaking of NFL: who dat team gonna beat dem Saints?!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    One person, who only just scrapes into the category of 'past player', but who now has a booming career, is Michael Dickson. He only just scrapes in, because his Swans career consisted of a few NEAFL games as an academy toppy: including the 2014 NEAFL GF. However, he has now almost finished his rookie year as a punter in the NFL: where he's actually done well enough, to be selected for the Pro Bowl. He also gained a bit more admiration and publicity today, by bringing back the dropkick, after he had to cover for the injured Seattle place kicker.
    Our academy kids storming the world!

And speaking of NFL: who dat team gonna beat dem Saints?!
    Yes, he's lighting it up in the States for sure.....this next link has some footage of his drop kick which is worth watching for the commentary alone!

Australian punter Michael Dickson's latest NFL drop kick sends US commentators into a spin - Sport - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, I can't really see myself making any more of those sort of jokes: now that the boot is on the other foot.
    Now the Swans have another Foote, I guess I can say that Jordan is my left Foote
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Now the Swans have another Foote, I guess I can say that Jordan is my left Foote
    Part of me wants to post a laughing emoji, but I fear that it would only encourage you; and myself.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Yes, he's lighting it up in the States for sure.....this next link has some footage of his drop kick which is worth watching for the commentary alone!

Australian punter Michael Dickson's latest NFL drop kick sends US commentators into a spin - Sport - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
    Yes, they do seem overly enthusiastic, towards what many Australians would consider a fairly basic skill. But I generally enjoy that commentary pairing of Collinsworth and Michaels. Though the caller that I appreciate the most is Tony Romo. He seems to be the best at explaining the tactics of the game. And he'll also, every so often, call a play before it actually happens. That is, he'll say something like, 'with Kamara, Thomas and Watson lined up on the right, we should see Kamara and Watson run slant routes, which should create enough room for Brees to hit Thomas on a straight go route'.
    Almost always, what he says is going to happen, then happens. Which I find hugely impressive.

Tom Mitchell - apparently in a hospital
    Tom Mitchell taken to hospital with suspected broken leg - AFL.com.au

poor bugger
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post

poor bugger
    Not great for him. But it depends if it’s the fibula, tibia or femur. Or even patella (though that is usually distinguished from the other bones)

Fib? It’s kinda ok
    Tib? Not good
    Femur? Really, really not good.

Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post

poor bugger
    Feel sorry for Tom - sounds like quite a bad break for him.

But can't say I feel too much sympathy for the Wees and Poos.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Mitchell is having surgery tomorrow and will miss the entire 2019 season. I do feel sorry for him, but I don't feel sorry for the Hawthorn supporters.

Ohhhhhhh poor Tom.
    Not.
    Now who will the poos and wees give the ball to.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veterans List
    Sad for Tom......deliriously happy for Hawks fans! May they weep long and hard......

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Feel sorry for Tom - sounds like quite a bad break for him.
    Tib fib fracture. It does depend a little on the severity (compound, cominuted etc) but even at its best, it’s not good. Not good at all. Think Nathan Brown.
    I had the “pleasure” over a decade ago & I’m still affected. But elite athletes do have the best facilities and medical/rehab care giving the best opportunity for recovery.