Page 65 of 145 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Or if he was recruited in anticipation of yesterday's events. They have a ready made senior coach in Blakey.
    The 'events ' didn't happen yesterday. Yesterday was when they were reported. They were widely known in the football community. Like Mel C (I think), even I heard about this around the same time I heard about Blakey leaving for North.

On the veteran's list
    Shaw gone from North.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Shaw gone from North.
    Very sad and concerning. Loved Rhyce as a player with us - can still picture him storming out of the backline with the ball (and then sometimes kicking it out on the full ). And he seemed to do so well and be so popular in his coaching duties with us.

The North head coach promotion appears to have been a poisoned chalice. I hope he regains health and happiness very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Shaw gone from North.
    I think it’s good that he’s focussing 100% on himself right now. But awful what he must have gone through.

Agree with others and wish Rhyce all the best for the future. Senior coach is a pressure cooker and I have read that he threw everything into it. I think he will return to the scene at some point but in a less stressful, development role. He really excelled at that! We all have great memories of his time at the Swans.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Agree with others and wish Rhyce all the best for the future. Senior coach is a pressure cooker and I have read that he threw everything into it. I think he will return to the scene at some point but in a less stressful, development role. He really excelled at that! We all have great memories of his time at the Swans.
    +1. Rhyce is a sensitive, good guy, who cares about people. All the best to him.

Current and ex-swans people coached 4 out of the bottom 5 teams this year.

I don't have much idea what happened to Rhyce except that in an extraordinary year he is dealing with significant mental health challenges. He was not just a great player and person, but also an excellent coach. Maybe we can lure him back one day? He knows what we can offer him. More likely he prefers to stay in Melbourne, close to family, but I will live in hope.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I don't have much idea what happened to Rhyce except that in an extraordinary year he is dealing with significant mental health challenges. He was not just a great player and person, but also an excellent coach. Maybe we can lure him back one day? He knows what we can offer him. More likely he prefers to stay in Melbourne, close to family, but I will live in hope.
    I actually feel sorry for norf (something I never thought I'd say). Because Rhyce just didnt suddenly become sick overnight when the season ended. He would have been in a downward path from sometime in the year. So the last few games North played, they would have had a coach who was there physically but checked-out fighting his demons mentally. Can you imagine how that would have felt as a player?. Horrible situation for all.

While on the subject of norf, they need to go with an established coach. Choco williams is about the best available. He got a flag to his name, is well respected, and god only knows how Leon Cameron got the job at the Giants over him.

Veterans List
    Some of Rhyce's late season post match pressers were disturbing to watch. Hope he pulls through ok.

Norf need to be very careful who they choose because they are a club at a very low point and maybe going lower. I do wonder about some of the very influencial people there like Archer and Buckley and whether they are doing more harm than good.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    I do wonder about some of the very influencial people there like Archer and Buckley and whether they are doing more harm than good.
    The word on the street is that board member Archer is basically running the whole show. It was him apparently who made the decisions about the players and assistant coaches being shipped out.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.