Page 76 of 147 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126 ... LastLast

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    "Where are are they now?" club feature on David Murphy, one of my favourite Swans. Worth a read and interesting hindsight comparing today how we weren't allowed to play home finals back in 1986/87 when we finished 2nd & 3rd. I was at Princess Park when Murphy played his final game, losing by a kick against Carlton and remember him acknowledging the Swans faithful post game.

David Murphy - Where are they now?
    Super player. Farcical that we played no finals at home. Would have made one GF. Huge home ground advantage at the time!

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Worth a read and interesting hindsight comparing today how we weren't allowed to play home finals back in 1986/87 when we finished 2nd & 3rd. [/url]
    For all the misery that it brought to the club later, they were heady, heady years - and they were an incredibly exciting team. If Dennis Carroll had been available for the '86 finals we would not have gone out in straight sets.
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 21st May 2021 at 07:25 AM.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Tony Armstrong was on The Project tonight , didn’t catch all of it and not sure of the context but he did mention Adam Goodes . I watched from then on and thought he was a breathe of fresh air , has a big future in the media

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eddie McGuire will not be happy that Tony is getting so much air time, maybe eclipsing him soon. He's also double-y mad when he saw what Tony looked like on TV. Whats happening to the world ?

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Eddie McGuire will not be happy that Tony is getting so much air time, maybe eclipsing him soon. He's also double-y mad when he saw what Tony looked like on TV. Whats happening to the world ?
    Perhaps we should start a petition, pushing for Tony to host a quiz show?

And on ex-players, it seems that Michael Knoll is likely to be picked up by the Suns, in the midseason draft. Good for him. I thought he improved in his first season with us, and was unlucky to get injured in his second season, when he probably would have made his debut, otherwise.

Heads Up - Just heard Barry Round will be the special guest on "The Front Bar" tonight.
    He's 71 years old and there is not a single degree of slump in his shoulders - legend.

Besides Barry it was a bit of a Swans love in, with appearances by David Rhys-Jones (whose kid's got serious issues), Ryan Fitzgerald and a delightful anecdote about former Swans player/runner/selector Ray Ball (father of Luke and Matthew) mooning an umpire - picture below.

5c87f.Ray_Ball.png
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 22nd July 2021 at 01:38 AM.

The media have finally cottoned on to the fact that GWS hasn't won a game this year without the Mummy, and haven't lost one with him.

I thought that Mummy was just about gone due to injury when he left at the end of the 2013 season. Eight seasons later and he is still going!

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    I thought that Mummy was just about gone due to injury when he left at the end of the 2013 season. Eight seasons later and he is still going!
    Yeah, that was the story at the time, in hindsight it looks like it was BS spin.
    But good luck to the old bugger.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    The media have finally cottoned on to the fact that GWS hasn't won a game this year without the Mummy, and haven't lost one with him.
    I dont know if its because of the new rules (maybe the 666 rule means a ruckman is critical at centre bounce now), but good ruckmen are worth their weight in gold these days.

Mummy is hanging around until Pruest (sp?) gets over his injury. Back last year when Pruest and Hickey were floating around, I thought we'd got to dud, but Pruest will need to play a blinder back end of the season just to break even.

I know Mummy is playing for another team, but he'll always be swans, so get around him and vote for him in this week's mark of the year

Mark of the Year - AFL.com.au

He near on 48 years old for God's sake. No 48 year has ever lept so high.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I know Mummy is playing for another team .......

He near on 48 years old for God's sake. No 48 year has ever lept so high.
    Huh?