Page 119 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 1,417 to 1,428 of 1757

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

Regular in the Side
    Actually Tom Mitchell has played finals with the Hawks, he just hasn't won one.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Why the antipathy for Mitchell. He left basically because he wasn’t getting time as a mid.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Why the antipathy for Mitchell. He left basically because he wasn’t getting time as a mid.
    (a) because he said he was staying
    (b) because he was getting plenty of midfield time
    (c) because as a son of a past champion we expected more loyalty and commitment to the club

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    (c) because as a son of a past champion we expected more loyalty and commitment to the club
    We also paid him well overs in his first few years at the club compared to the norm. If he leaves Hawks, he will join his dad as a 3 club player.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Actually he played all 2015 and 2016 in the midfield. Played really well against Carlton in 2015, until injuring his ankle, and was one of our best in the 2016 GF.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Let’s be clear. Mitchell left because he was lowballed because we prioritised Heeney and Mills, particularly after North threw $1m a year at Heeney. My understanding Mitchell was offered $350-400,000, while Heeney got an average of around $750K and Mills around $600K. We prioritised the local kids. I don’t blame him, but right now, it looks like the right decision by us.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    Actually he played all 2015 and 2016 in the midfield. Played really well against Carlton in 2015, until injuring his ankle, and was one of our best in the 2016 GF.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
    Okay my memory might be failing me but my recollection was he was a half forward first who would get rotated into the midfield once the first choice of Kennedy Hannebery Parker and Jack were taking rests.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Let’s be clear. Mitchell left because he was lowballed because we prioritised Heeney and Mills, particularly after North threw $1m a year at Heeney. My understanding Mitchell was offered $350-400,000, while Heeney got an average of around $750K and Mills around $600K. We prioritised the local kids. I don’t blame him, but right now, it looks like the right decision by us.
    When we first signed Mitchell as a F/S didn’t we pay above the standard contract to ensure that we secured him?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    a) I’m not sure what he was supposed to say “no I want out”
    b) he was behind a bunch of other mids. Even when he was racking up big NEAFL numbers he struggled to get a game at times
    c) that past champion jumped ship to Collingwood when we needed him

Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    Actually Tom Mitchell has played finals with the Hawks, he just hasn't won one.
    Players often say they’d happily give up a Brownlow for a premiership medal. Do you think Mitchell would give up his Brownlow for a finals win (not a premiership, just a finals win)?

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Players often say they’d happily give up a Brownlow for a premiership medal. Do you think Mitchell would give up his Brownlow for a finals win (not a premiership, just a finals win)?
    I don’t get that sense of Mitchell, no.

Maybe unfair on him, but I think he’d keep it the way it is.

On the Rookie List
    Jordan Dawson is in the second week of his holiday.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Exactly.