Page 77 of 147 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127 ... LastLast

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I know Mummy is playing for another team, but he'll always be swans, so get around him and vote for him in this week's mark of the year

Mark of the Year - AFL.com.au

He near on 48 years old for God's sake. No 48 year has ever lept so high.
    No....for one, he's not even 38! Two.....it's not as good as Zurhaars.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    I know Mummy is playing for another team, but he'll always be swans, so get around him and vote for him in this week's mark of the year
    It's got shades of Boaty McBoat Face about it, but I absolutely voted for Mummy
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

The poor bastard (mummy) looks like he'll be rucking for the rest of the year, as Preuss has injured himself again and out for the season.

We got so lucky with Hickey!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    It's got shades of Boaty McBoat Face about it, but I absolutely voted for Mummy
    I would counter that the effort to get his 120kg 48 year old body 3 feet off the ground is more than that Richmond nightclub basher took to get on top of someones shoulders. Its all relative.

Mark of the Year - AFL.com.au

He near on 48 years old for God's sake. No 48 year has ever lept so high.
    Yeah, no.
    He can always be geelong if he wants.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Yeah, no.
    He can always be geelong if he wants.
    Annie, he was instrumental in winning the 2012 premiership. Maybe not in the granny, but in all the season and finals games..

Annie, he was instrumental in winning the 2012 premiership. Maybe not in the granny, but in all the season and finals games..
    Agreed 100% Giant.

I think it was Mummy's monstrous efforts throughout the year that left Mike Pyke in the healthy condition and with sufficient juice that allowed the Canadian to perform so heroically in the grand final.
    AND
    It's also noticeable that Mike only lasted a year and a bit when he had to take on the mantle of Swans #1 ruckman, which just reinforces the importance of Mummy's presence to the Swans was then.

Ive always been a big Mummy fan, and his career has been amazing. He would be much more widely applauded if he had stayed a one-club player, or even stayed at the swans, as his geelong stint was pretty minor.
    Being a journeyman didnt help his legacy, but what a career. I'm glad he tasted premiership success, and played so many finals.

Veterans List
    Ive always been a big Mummy fan, and his career has been amazing. He would be much more widely applauded if he had stayed a one-club player, or even stayed at the swans, as his geelong stint was pretty minor.
    Being a journeyman didnt help his legacy, but what a career. I'm glad he tasted premiership success, and played so many finals.
    That's the thing......he'll only ever be a Swans premiership player and never with GWS. I wish he stayed....he'd probably be a 2 time premiership player, maybe three and we'd all be delirious. A crystal ball would have been handy.....in hindsight, we erred.

The big Mummy won mark of the week!

Steve Taubert interviewed by Andy Mahr & Bob Murphy on SEN last Friday, going through his playing career (including the infamous 1974 Windy Hill brawl) & as our Ruck whisperer for 18 seasons! Riveting listening, which intrigued both Andy & Bob. Steve finished with nice parting shot saying the umpires cost us the 2016 GF!
    Last edited by KSAS; 6th June 2021 at 08:54 AM.

Absolute GOLD from Steve Taubert Bob Murphy and Andy Maher | 1116 SEN

On the veteran's list
    OTC saying Tom Mitchell open to a trade to Richmond. What a loyal servant! What a mercenary!