Page 143 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147 ... LastLast
Results 1,705 to 1,716 of 1795

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

Senior Player
    Free kick count ended at 20-8. At one stage, it was 20-4.

I just read that Kieran Jack is working with the Eagles in a non-football role. The head of strategy and innovation, whatever that means. Don Pyke's influence no doubt.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    May still have a career. Time with us was cruelled by serious injury issues. And we now have a glut of midfielders on our list.
    Average VFL level player at best, really can’t see anything to suggest he’s an AFL standard player

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    I just read that Kieran Jack is working with the Eagles in a non-football role. The head of strategy and innovation, whatever that means. Don Pyke's influence no doubt.
    Thanks, I was wondering what next for Kieren. I read a while ago that Kieren, Charlotte and junior Jack moved to Perth. I think Charlotte is the Perth Channel 10 news anchor + Perth is her family home town. Just hope we don’t now see them wearing blue and gold …

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have never watched the 2016 GF. I was behind the goals (only game EVER behind the goals) at City End. Saw Tom Mitchell’s best game and best goal(s???) for the Swans. Injuries took place down the other end as I recall. Anyway, my count if you include goals for free kick errors and non-goals from no free kicks given it totals 7. 42 points!!! And we mere STILL ahead parish in the 2nd half. #crying

I was also behind the city end goals for the 2016 GF. I felt we had the ascendency in general play & whenever it looked we were going to get right on top, a spate of inexplicable frees to the Dogs kept changing the momentum at critical times.

By half time I had this sickening feeling the umpiring had become our main opponent, which will prove too much for us to overcome despite being the better team. It was a kick in the guts when the final siren rang. I nevertheless congratulated some of the old time Bulldogs supporters around me as I left, recalling 2005 personally.

I agonsingly watched the replay that night to see if the umpiring was actually that bad, only to find it was even worse!!! Saw myself standing up & giving the "up yours" to Toby McLean in the 2nd half, after he missed a close set sot for goal after being rewarded a ridiculous high contact free when he deliberately ducked into the tackle instead getting rid of the ball. By this stage, along with all the other Swans supporters around me, the doggies frees procession and our non decisions had become too much.

Dan Hannerbery's article on his reflection of the 2016 GF posted above, is as close as he could say that we were robbed of a premiership by corrupt umpiring!!!!
    Last edited by KSAS; 13th February 2024 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    I was also behind the city end goals for the 2016 GF. I felt we had the ascendency in general play & whenever it looked we were going to get right on top, a spate of inexplicable frees to the Dogs kept changing the momentum at critical times.

By half time I had this sickening feeling the umpiring had become our main opponent, which will prove too much for us to overcome despite being the better team. It was a kick in the guts when the final siren rang. I nevertheless congratulated some of the old time Bulldogs supporters around me as I left, recalling 2005 personally.

I agonsingly watched the replay that night to see if the umpiring was actually that bad, only to find it was even worse!!! Saw myself standing up & giving the "up yours" to Toby McLean in the 2nd half, after he missed a close set sot for goal after being rewarded a ridiculous high contact free when he deliberately ducked into the tackle instead getting rid of the ball. By this stage, along with all the other Swans supporters around me, the doggies frees procession and our non decisions had become too much.

Dan Hannerbery's article on his reflection of the 2016 GF posted above, is as close as he could say that we were robbed of a premiership by corrupt umpiring!!!!
    I've tried to watch it a few times, but I don't think I've got past the third quarter. On a happier note, during the off-season, I occasionally watch the odd game that I've recorded. The one that I watched a couple of days ago, was a match from 2022, when both us and the Bulldogs were vying for a spot in the eight. We essentially killed them off in the first quarter, when we racked up the half century. BT and the rest of the 7 crew were having a hard time processing the thrashing.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post

Brave of you to even attempt to watch the replay, KSAS - I couldn't.

We were robbed and everyone knows it. And the Giants were robbed the week before in the PF. The Bulldogs shouldn't have even been in the GF, let alone be given an armchair ride to a premiership.

Easy to understand Hanneberry's heartache - he illegally copped an injury that affected the rest of his career.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Thanks, I was wondering what next for Kieren. I read a while ago that Kieren, Charlotte and junior Jack moved to Perth. I think Charlotte is the Perth Channel 10 news anchor + Perth is her family home town. Just hope we don’t now see them wearing blue and gold …

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I heard that he'd been offered the list management role at WCE but he's got great non-football credentials and I understand he was keen for something outside of direct football management. I imagine this is probably his role to shape.

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    I heard that he'd been offered the list management role at WCE but he's got great non-football credentials and I understand he was keen for something outside of direct football management. I imagine this is probably his role to shape.
    Kieren had been working on mergers & acquisitions at KPMG before the move to Perth. I suppose it was a bit like footy trades …

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Brave of you to even attempt to watch the replay, KSAS - I couldn't.

We were robbed and everyone knows it. And the Giants were robbed the week before in the PF. The Bulldogs shouldn't have even been in the GF, let alone be given an armchair ride to a premiership.

Easy to understand Hanneberry's heartache - he illegally copped an injury that affected the rest of his career.
    The injury to Hannebery was right in front of us. Sliding into Swans’ players legs had occurred multiple times, but this was the most damaging episode. To Dan physically, it put him out of the game and he was never the same player again, and to the team. We were robbed of an all-Australian midfielder for 20% of the match, at a time when the score was essentially level.
    I’ve never watched the entire match again, but there’s still a montage of the dodgy decisions available on YouTube. Yes, like many Swans fans, and players, it’s a game that still burns and probably always will.
    For what it’s worth, it’s obvious the Giants were also robbed in the PF.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    The injury to Hannebery was right in front of us. Sliding into Swans’ players legs had occurred multiple times, but this was the most damaging episode. To Dan physically, it put him out of the game and he was never the same player again, and to the team. We were robbed of an all-Australian midfielder for 20% of the match, at a time when the score was essentially level.
    I’ve never watched the entire match again, but there’s still a montage of the dodgy decisions available on YouTube. Yes, like many Swans fans, and players, it’s a game that still burns and probably always will.
    For what it’s worth, it’s obvious the Giants were also robbed in the PF.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    Absolutely! It was clear as day that the AFL wanted the Dogs to win the flag- any impartial observer could see right through it. Plain and simple cheating at both the Giants and our expense. Inexcusable and makes you wonder what instructions are given to our umps that make them so inconsistent and infuriating!