Page 64 of 150 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Rhyce Shaw taking indefinite personal leave from the AFL and his coaching duties: https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/shaw-to-take-a-break-from-the-game-coaching-future-in-doubt-20201016-p565tt.html .
    North are imploding. I wonder if Blakey SNR knew this was on the cards when he signed up to join this rabble.

I just hope Shaw is ok. I thought he was great as an assistant with us, did some great stuff with our Neafl team.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Rhyce Shaw taking indefinite personal leave from the AFL and his coaching duties: https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/shaw-to-take-a-break-from-the-game-coaching-future-in-doubt-20201016-p565tt.html .
    Woah! I did not see that coming. Hope he's okay. I like Rhyce and the strong leader and player he became at the Swans.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    North are imploding. I wonder if Blakey SNR knew this was on the cards when he signed up to join this rabble.

I just hope Shaw is ok. I thought he was great as an assistant with us, did some great stuff with our Neafl team.
    I started hearing rumours about Shaw just after the Blakey appointment. For a change the media had some integrity and didn't report it.

I really feel for Shaw having to a coach during this crazy year. He had less assistants plus he had to coach for weeks in a hub without much freedom.

I agree he was a great assistant coach for us and he was very successful in developing players. The other week I was listening to Conversations with Cal podcast with O'Riordan and he commented how Shaw helped his development.

Senior Player

I'm sure Blakey would be aware/be made aware of the situation with Shaw. It might be part of the reason Blakey was hired.
    North need some old heads that is for sure. It highlights just how stressful the job can be. I remember reading about
    Brendan Bolton's struggles after he lost the Carlton gig. It's hard to imagine a worse set of circumstances (Covid, losing
    pretty much every game) that Shaw could have run into as a second year coach.
    Last edited by KTigers; 16th October 2020 at 09:54 PM.

Veterans List
    Probably why Blakey went, to assist his old team and support mates in dire times.

Right now the decision a dozen years ago to knock back the generous AFL package to relocate to the GC is looking the wrong decision James Brayshaw!

Norf are looking a basket case, firm favourites for the 2021 Spoon. Won't be much joy for a couple of high draftees this year. AFL must be really worried about them, team with a small supporter base imploding at the time of the current crisis.

Just shows that as a first year coach, you've got to be very picky about which club you choose.
    Very ruthless profession. So glad the ratten has got a second chance

Warming the Bench
    Really shows the importance of support for new coaches. I'm just hoping Rhys gets the support he needs and can come back to coaching.

Probably the worst team for the next few years after dumping a huge number of players, even if he returns he'll be under huge media scrutiny for coaching a poor team. A positive is that I think North finally understand where their list is at so hopefully that takes some pressure off Rhys

Sent from my vivo 1902 using Tapatalk

Veterans List

Maybe this is why they got Blakey.

Veterans List

Or if he was recruited in anticipation of yesterday's events. They have a ready made senior coach in Blakey.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Maybe this is why they got Blakey.
    That’s what i think too. Poor Rhyce.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by mattybloods View Post
    Really shows the importance of support for new coaches. I'm just hoping Rhys gets the support he needs and can come back to coaching.

Probably the worst team for the next few years after dumping a huge number of players, even if he returns he'll be under huge media scrutiny for coaching a poor team. A positive is that I think North finally understand where their list is at so hopefully that takes some pressure off Rhys

Sent from my vivo 1902 using Tapatalk
    The reporting suggests he won't go back to the senior coach role at North. Hope he gets the break and care he needs, and of course, we'd be happy to welcome him back.

Like everyone I really feel for Rhys. He was a great player and Assistant Coach for us. All the best to him and his family for his recovery.