Page 105 of 145 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 1,249 to 1,260 of 1739

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Inside Trading: Dons duo in contract talks, in-form Hawk keen to stay

Malachy Carruthers has attracted the attention of two AFL clubs ahead of the mid-season draft after his impressive performances in the SANFL this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Inside Trading: Dons duo in contract talks, in-form Hawk keen to stay

Malachy Carruthers has attracted the attention of two AFL clubs ahead of the mid-season draft after his impressive performances in the SANFL this year.
    Good for him!

Veterans List
    Brandon Jack and Dean Towers have graduated from uni. Congratulations lads.

Graduating with class: life after football for Jack and Towers

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Brandon Jack and Dean Towers have graduated from uni. Congratulations lads.

Graduating with class: life after football for Jack and Towers
    Can anyone make out the middle names? With some difficulty, I get Brandon Luke Jack and Dean Neville Towers. Neville is the perfect middle name for Deano. A dead ringer for Neville Longbottom.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Veterans List
    I see Matt Ling has nominated for the mid season draft. I hope he gets picked up by someone.....also nominated is Jye Lockett. Yes, Pluggers nephew.

Former first-round picks, Plugger's nephew among early MSD nominations

Luke Ball was a guest on The Front Bar last night and topic of his dad Ray was raised, who played 43 games at South and 12 at Richmond as fullback. Luke had never seen playing footage of his dad, which the show had managed to dig up. It was unflattering black white & footage of Ray not touching the ball and missing tackles playing in the no. 31 South jumper.

They of course replayed the infamous tribunal hearing where Ray was suspended for dropping his tracky pants and flashing his rear end to the umpire, as a runner during a reserves game at the Lakeside Oval. (A young long haired Steve Quartermain can be seen covering this hearing).

It occurred to me had Ray played just seven more games Luke would have qualified as a Father-Son for us as the rules stood then in 2001 (50 games).

I blame the selectors. 7 more games for his 200+ game son. Short sighted.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Speaking of short sighted, what about Plugger and Gerard Healy putting the cue in the rack after three girls!

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    The father/Son rules have changed a lot over time.
    1) If he'd been born a little later, Luke would have qualified by virtue of Ray's years of off field-service.
    2) If he'd been born earlier still, Ray's 43 would have been enough to qualify him.

Mind you, given our horrendous history with Father/Son recruits, you'd be nuts to suggest Luke would have made it for 200 games with the Swans. More likely he would have succumed to an injury or gone elsewhere.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Tony Armstrong reporting for the ABC loses it with fans (plus his scarf) in Melbourne Fed Square the moment Socceroos qualified for the World Cup. Funny!!!
    Australian journalist celebrates with Socceroos fans in Melbourne | AFP - YouTube

Tony Armstrong is in the news today. Just after posting the above news popped up that he is making a footy comeback with the Barwon Heads Seagulls for remainder of the 2022 season.
    Tony Armstrong, ABC presenter, makes AFL comeback with Barwon Heads in Bellarine Football League | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site

Tony is building a great career in the media. Well done to him I say!