Page 114 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 1,357 to 1,368 of 1755

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Ch 7 news just reported Dan Hannebery is set to retire this weekend (not yet official). Nor is it confirmed that he'll be selected. You'd think so if he's fit & officially retiring. Fitting he'll get to do so against his former club.

Adam Schneider did the same few years ago in last round at Marvel. We had a big win that night.
    If true it's sad his career has ended like this. I'm glad he will also be farewelled by Swans supporters. I will be cheering loud for him. I seem to recall that either Dempster or Schneider also had their farewell game against us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    If true it's sad his career has ended like this. I'm glad he will also be farewelled by Swans supporters. I will be cheering loud for him. I seem to recall that either Dempster or Schneider also had their farewell game against us.
    Hanners has had a great career and will always be remembered fondly by us. His performance in the 2012 grand final was exceptional and he was one of the game's best midfielders between 2012 and 2016. I expect a well-earned guard of honour for him at the end of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Hanners has had a great career and will always be remembered fondly by us. His performance in the 2012 grand final was exceptional and he was one of the game's best midfielders between 2012 and 2016. I expect a well-earned guard of honour for him at the end of the game.
    Sammy and Joey to carry him off

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    Nice....but a slap in the face of his Saints team mates. Maybe one from each team? Membrey and Joey?

Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    Joey with the torn hamstring?

I still remember the very classy Hanners (as a Saint) chairing off Macca in 2019.

It would would be also touching if at the end of the match Dan swapped jumpers with Ryan Clarke and did lap of honour waving to Swans/Saints fans alike.

Senior Player
    Glad that it is Hanner's decision (he may have been told by the club they weren't going to offer him a contact, but he is still deciding to retire before lists are finalised) so at least he isn't waiting around post season for a possible one year extension that never comes.

Would we take him back as a depth player on a one year minimum wages contract?

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Would we take him back as a depth player on a one year minimum wages contract?
    Absolutely adore Hanners as a man, a footballer, a Swan.

Absolutely not to taking him back unless it’s as a top up player in the reserves for his experience. He is broken. Like Heath James was. Like Stephen Doyle was. Like Alex Johnson was. Probably like Sam Naismith is. Great guys all of them. But their bodies were worn out long before their spirit for the game was. Would I want any or all of them to remain involved at the club. Absolutely. Would I want them taking a spot on a list that is already limited. With a heavy heart, no.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Ch 7 news just reported Dan Hannebery is set to retire this weekend (not yet official). Nor is it confirmed that he'll be selected. You'd think so if he's fit & officially retiring. Fitting he'll get to do so against his former club.

Adam Schneider did the same few years ago in last round at Marvel. We had a big win that night.
    Sad end for Hanners. I have a framed picture of a mark he took in the 2012 GF on display in my home. A premiership player for us - that makes him a Swans legend!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Sad end for Hanners. I have a framed picture of a mark he took in the 2012 GF on display in my home. A premiership player for us - that makes him a Swans legend!
    Love Dan- top player, top guy, a true Swan who was taken out in a horrible way in the 2016 GF and never really recovered. A favourite of Swan supporters and a truly fair player with talent to spare from a very early age.
    All the best Hanners- thank you for the memories!

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Loved him. One of my favourite Swans in 30 years of watching them. Elite inside and out, one of the best in the game for a four/five year stretch and his 2012 grand final performance was one for the ages.

Outside that game, a few favourite memories:

* seeing him debut as a schoolboy!!

* the night at the SCG in 2013, when Ryan Crowley was at the absolute peak of his powers as the best tagger and just about the best endurance runner in the game, and sidled up to Hanners. It was no contest. Hanners damn well burned him to the ground with superior running power, and had something close to 30 possessions and four goals.

* and this contest and game always sticks in my mind. It was 2011, and a preview of the mark he'd take in front of THAT pack in the 2012 grand final. Most blokes who cop that would be done for the night. He just kept chugging away: SwansTV: Hannebery shows courage at its finest - YouTube

A total gun. We were blessed to see him play.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Nice....but a slap in the face of his Saints team mates. Maybe one from each team? Membrey and Joey?
    Membrey and Sam Reid, one of his 2012 teammates who’s played in Hanners’ last game.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk