Thread: Melbourne Members function today 7/03

Melbourne Members function today 7/03

Anyone going tonight?

Yes I will be there if you want to say hello. I will be wearing a dark suit and blue checked shirt. My name is Brendan.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I just returned from the Melbourne function for long serving members (14 years plus). Harley spoke and is very articulate and impressive. He seemed confident about the season ahead but admitted Sydney memberships are behind budget targets at present. Get on board up there! He said that Buddy is doing everything he can to be ready for Round One. Tony Morwood has resigned as head of the Melbourne office after 15 years of service. Good luck to him in his new venture in the property industry. Ben Mathews from our 2005 premiership team was there and was presented with a swans jumper for his great service to the club. He is currently an Assist Coach at the Dees. He said that all of the 2005 team still keep in touch and try to catch up just before the Grand Final each year. He mentioned that Craig Bolton is now living in the US!

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    I just returned from the Melbourne function for long serving members (14 years plus). Harley spoke and is very articulate and impressive. He seemed confident about the season ahead but admitted Sydney memberships are behind budget targets at present. Get on board up there! He said that Buddy is doing everything he can to be ready for Round One. Tony Morwood has resigned as head of the Melbourne office after 15 years of service. Good luck to him in his new venture in the property industry. Ben Mathews from our 2005 premiership team was there and was presented with a swans jumper for his great service to the club. He is currently an Assist Coach at the Dees. He said that all of the 2005 team still keep in touch and try to catch up just before the Grand Final each year. He mentioned that Craig Bolton is now living in the US!

Thanks for the report aprilbr !
    Were there many people there?
    This is the first I've heard of Tony Morwood resigning from his post at the Melbourne office. He has been enormously influential in galvanising us Melbourne Swans and he wiil be a huge loss. Very big shoes to fill for whoever his replacement might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    This is the first I've heard of Tony Morwood resigning from his post at the Melbourne office. He has been enormously influential in galvanising us Melbourne Swans and he wiil be a huge loss. Very big shoes to fill for whoever his replacement might be.
    +1 Hope he returns to the club in some capacity in the near future.

Does anyone know what has happened with the bumper stickers this year? I assume the cap and scarf need to be collected from the game day booth but they usually post the stickers out.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Does anyone know what has happened with the bumper stickers this year? I assume the cap and scarf need to be collected from the game day booth but they usually post the stickers out.
    Bit unusual - ours came with the lanyard and membership card etc. I'd ring the office if it didn't show up.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    Anyone going tonight?
    I didn't get an invite this year. My daughter did but couldn't attend.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Yes ours arrived with the lanyards too.

I thought originally you were asking about the quality because mine is already peeling off my window