Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: JLT 2019 Game 2: Swans v Suns @ Lismore 1:10pm

Senior Player
    Neat play from Clarke in the pocket. We are looking good out of centre clearances.

McInerney gave a lovely little shepherd then in the pocket to clear the way for Clarke to gather and kick it to Papley. Really smart kid!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    McInerney gave a lovely little shepherd then in the pocket to clear the way for Clarke to gather and kick it to Papley. Really smart kid!

He is. I really like him already.

Senior Player
    Clarke can certainly find the ball. Good goal by Blakey

Papley looks good on the ball, his run has been excellent. I can see him becoming an elite midfielder of the competition over the next few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Jones looks sharp. I like him much better in the midfield.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Papley looks good on the ball, his run has been excellent. I can see him becoming an elite midfielder of the competition over the next few years.

Yep, lack of maturity has held him back a bit, but he's growing up.

Senior Player

Agreed. Papley looking very skilled and has always had good pace.

If he can work on his dipsosal he could be a real weapon. But I think we msy just have to live with the fact that he is inconsistent at best with his use of the ball, similar to many of our recent great midfielders in Hanners, Kennedy and even Parker at times.

Agree that Jones has looked good in there too. Hopefully he can lift to another level this year also. I remember him having a period a few years ago dominating at NEAFL level as a pure midfielder so hopefully he can do it at AFL level now too.

Veteran Site Admin
    Jones, Aliir and Papley have been my highlights thus far. Aliir, in particular, is showing some real nous as a makeshift ruckman.

However, I think we need to bear in mind that the contrast between this week and last has a lot to do with the opposition. Gold Coast have the pace and skill to punish us when we turn the ball over (as we did, poorly,on several occasions in the first quarter). But their midfield pressure and defensive structures/nous are a long way short of GWS's.
    Last edited by liz; 10th March 2019 at 02:48 PM. Reason: punctuation

Goes up to 11
    Clarke's disposal is currently not up to AFL standard. He finds it well - he just needs to do a lot of work on what he does with the ball once he has it.

“If” Clarke makes the 22.....he needs to play in tight initially so his decision making is instinct only because the more time he has the worse his disposal .......his tagging fitness and run would free up a midfield player like Hewett to influence the game in multiple roles like a Toby Greene role that Hewett played in 2017 very well

Interesting watching Papley who is taking the game on well but not there yet with the long kicks especially

Overall the 6/6/6 is making it tough for the way we like to set up in the past and even more important we have some run and carry to counter the forced fast long kick into our backline

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Jones looks sharp. I like him much better in the midfield.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, lack of maturity has held him back a bit, but he's growing up.
    It might be Paps year, he is looking good. Dawson will be a regular in the side and Allir is not doing too bad in the ruck for a small ruckman. He ground work in the centre has been good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast