Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AFLW

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    But why does the AFLW have to have the same teams as AFLM (AFL mens) ?
    Because at the moment 8/18ths (4/9ths) of the potential supporters are disenfranchised. Most supporters only show interest when their club is involved. People barrack for their club. If the Sydney Swans started a tiddlywinks team all of a sudden we'd all be interested and i'll bet there would be a forum page here for them.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Because at the moment 8/18ths (4/9ths) of the potential supporters are disenfranchised. Most supporters only show interest when their club is involved. People barrack for their club. If the Sydney Swans started a tiddlywinks team all of a sudden we'd all be interested and i'll bet there would be a forum page here for them.
    Doubt it.

I agree. As soon as the Swans field a women's team I'll start to watch the competition.

Doubt it.
    Ah Barry you'll love it when we have an AFLW team. It will give you another avenue to be curmudgeonous.

Ah Barry you'll love it when we have an AFLW team. It will give you another avenue to be curmudgeonous.
    I had to look up what "curmudgeonous" means, but I take it that you've lost the argument if you have to resort to personal attacks. (or you are weak of mind).
    We are talking about optimal AFLW format, BTW.

Sydney Swans adamant coach John Longmire not leaving early

Reading the above link about John Longmire's coaching contract, found this nestled statement the club is aiming to field an AFLW team in 2021

"Volkswagen has flagged its intention to throw its weight behind the Swans’ first AFLW team.

The club hopes the side might be injected into the women’s competition in 2021. "

I had to look up what "curmudgeonous" means, but I take it that you've lost the argument if you have to resort to personal attacks. (or you are weak of mind).
    We are talking about optimal AFLW format, BTW.
    I think its difficult to argue against the point a contention that you often are quite curmudgenous in relation to a number of your pet topics Barry

As indeed we all are at various times.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12