Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Mens Player Points System

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wills View Post
    Yes but what you highlight does not apply to UTS - they are the destination club for generally professional people who transfer to Sydney for work, want a kick of the footy, but not to take it too seriously. I don't think UTS pay any players? The points system is an example of copying what happens down south without really understanding the Sydney market.
    UTS approached a whole bunch of academy kids and played the scholarship card to them, only one went across.

Quote Originally Posted by Pmcc2911 View Post
    UTS approached a whole bunch of academy kids and played the scholarship card to them, only one went across.
    Good on them. They are (and have been for a number of years) the bottom team. If have a system penalises, and are critical of, the bottom team recruiting players we are missing the point on what makes a good competition. Even matches.

I guess the system is meant to reward those clubs that develop players versus those clubs who “buy” players. Not making a judgement just commmenting

Quote Originally Posted by Pmcc2911 View Post
    I guess the system is meant to reward those clubs that develop players versus those clubs who “buy” players. Not making a judgement just commmenting
    Correct. Isn’t that what will make AFL stronger in Sydney? Where the bigger clubs focus on developing junior players to continue in to senior ranks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting stat from yesterday
    Unsw 50/50 on points, uts 52/52
    Score 122 to 11

Quote Originally Posted by 5yearplan View Post
    Interesting stat from yesterday
    Unsw 50/50 on points, uts 52/52
    Score 122 to 11
    5 year - out of interest who do you what their points are - it is on the Fixtures and Results website?

Also what is the most interesting is that last years premiers, who also won the under 19 Comp and played off in the Div 2 under 19 GF are on 50 points!

When you go onto fixtures it’s on the following part.

Player Points Allocation SportsTG

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345