Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Changes for R6 v GWS

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    Let's hope our mids turn it on and the ball sits in our forward half for the majority of the game. I think those changes are good. Would like to see COR and Rose rewarded though.
    If Ling and Stoddart continue good form in the 2's then they have to come in at some stage, and stay in. Watching the Collingwood/Essendon game today you can see the run and carry both sides have and it has come from the development of quick young players. Both sides bit the bullet a couple of years ago and just played these types.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    Let's hope our mids turn it on and the ball sits in our forward half for the majority of the game. I think those changes are good. Would like to see COR and Rose rewarded though.
    Probability 5%

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    I think it's our only hope. If GWS dominate the inside 50s, it could be a Cameron lead blood bath!
    And we've seen that before, including on Rampe.

Callan Ward has been a very good player against us (and as we know is out) and we have managed to (relatively) contain Josh Kelly. I heard Ross Lyon say Fremantle beat GWS in the midfield last week. There's the glimmer.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Can't have Melican at all. He will be carved up by Cameron. Slow and has lost the ability to read the play.
    Melican was quick for his size in 2017. Reckon he's lost his pace (perhaps from.the injuries) or just his ability to read the play? The latter is fixable. I'm not yet convinced it's both.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    And we've seen that before, including on Rampe.

Callan Ward has been a very good player against us (and as we know is out) and we have managed to (relatively) contain Josh Kelly. I heard Ross Lyon say Fremantle beat GWS in the midfield last week. There's the glimmer.
    Wonder if Ross would lend us Nathan Fyfe? Ward is a big out for them. Did Phil Davis get up?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Wonder if Ross would lend us Nathan Fyfe? Ward is a big out for them. Did Phil Davis get up?
    Yes.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Davis a long shot according to Adam Curley. He thinks Jackson Hately will come in for Davis

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Davis a long shot according to Adam Curley. He thinks Jackson Hately will come in for Davis
    They also brought in Corr for Buntine, which perhaps indicates they're not too confident about David either playing or lasting the game.

Same ol, same ol. I'm getting really sick of Horse's fixation on height....It only works if you are dominant around the ball and clearances....

Can't see us winning either of these facets of the game.

IMO we need to find some running counter attackers, and some pressure forwards to make the most of limited opportunities....Melican and Blakey don't fit the bill.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Same ol, same ol. I'm getting really sick of Horse's fixation on height....It only works if you are dominant around the ball and clearances....

Can't see us winning either of these facets of the game.

IMO we need to find some running counter attackers, and some pressure forwards to make the most of limited opportunities....Melican and Blakey don't fit the bill.
    My first instinct was that we have selected a side to lose the game not win it. Hope I'm left with egg on my face.

Regular in the Side
    I was a little concerned when Melican was named in the best players in the NEAFL last round when he obviously was not that they would bring him in against GWS. We have replaced two out of touch midgets with two talls. Team balance is again wrong.

Senior Player
    [QUOTE=rb4x;772513]I was a little concerned when Melican was named in the best players in the NEAFL last round when he obviously was not that they would bring him in against GWS. We have replaced two out of touch midgets with two talls. Team balance is again wrong.[/QUOTE

We're looking to the future getting games into Melican and Blakey but COR fits this bill as well.