Thread: Team Rivalries

Team Rivalries

I used to think North Shore v Manly was the leagues most spiteful rivalry. Maybe it is now St George v Power.
    Who are the other ones in the league? East Coast v Penno? Norwest v Auburn? Mac Uni v Parramatta? Camden v? UNSWv? Sydney Uni v Everyone else?
    Can you post your team who is their most spiteful rivalries

Back in the old division structure, we always took great pleasure beating St George.

In the current Platinum Division, we’ve developed a good healthy rivalry with Magic. Tough games played in the right spirit. A lot of respect between both clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahahaha the Jets v Auburn games, always had some spite.

We played them at Mona, and once they found out Howey was ADF he was told he'd be stabbed in the carpark.

My only game against them was at Bensons, standing at full forward on this tall muscly young bloke when another fight started down the other end.

I playfully said 'what do you reckon mate, want to go join in?'

As casual as you like, he turned to me and said 'nah bro, on parole'

Our big games were always against UNSW/ES lower grades, since about 02, we knocked them off in Rd 1 in 02 and 04 and they hated us since then, through the SFA Div 2 days, into 09 when they steamrolled us in finals, 2012 semi at Gipps. Was always a big show up. And of course Penrith games since the 80s carried plenty of feeling. Wollondilly of late as well.

Senior Player
    Bankstown and Liverpool was always pretty spiteful. The last game they played ended in a brawl.

No love lost between Bankstown and Hawkesbury either.

Pretty sure Wests have no love for North Shore - Dont know the exact details but I believe it was over money never being repaid after Wests did them a favour.

Quote Originally Posted by tara View Post
    Bankstown and Liverpool was always pretty spiteful. The last game they played ended in a brawl.

No love lost between Bankstown and Hawkesbury either.

Pretty sure Wests have no love for North Shore - Dont know the exact details but I believe it was over money never being repaid after Wests did them a favour.
    We've had a healthy rivalry with SWS over the years as well - owing a lot to Army blokes and their dislike of RAAF counterparts!

Still a bad taste in many mouths after Cowboy broke one of our blokes jaws with a very late hit years ago.
    Chook Free kicked me in the tackle the following year for which I required surgery!
    Year after that, Pete Rosemond rearranged a young blokes nose in a trial at the Christian College in Riverstone - the language that followed has probably sullied the campus to this day.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    We've had a healthy rivalry with SWS over the years as well - owing a lot to Army blokes and their dislike of RAAF counterparts!

Still a bad taste in many mouths after Cowboy broke one of our blokes jaws with a very late hit years ago.
    Chook Free kicked me in the tackle the following year for which I required surgery!
    Year after that, Pete Rosemond rearranged a young blokes nose in a trial at the Christian College in Riverstone - the language that followed has probably sullied the campus to this day.
    If its the incident I think it was it wasnt Cowboy - I know who it was and all I can say is the bloke was warned and didnt listen.

Quote Originally Posted by tara View Post
    If its the incident I think it was it wasnt Cowboy - I know who it was and all I can say is the bloke was warned and didnt listen.
    It was so long ago, I'm the only one left besides Alison still around! And the bloke left that following season to Sydney Uni, along with about 2 dozen others to clubs around Sydney.

Senior Player
    It was so long ago, I'm the only one left besides Alison still around! And the bloke left that following season to Sydney Uni, along with about 2 dozen others to clubs around Sydney.
    Tell me about it and your a lot younger than me.

Blinkers 28 will be happy to know the bloke (no names) in question has a son who is pretty handy and has plenty of mongrel in him - not a dirty player but doesnt take a backward step like his old man.

Hahahaha the Jets v Auburn games, always had some spite.
    Anyone v Auburn.

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    Anyone v Auburn.
    Saviour ... looking at your post in "Season 2019" you are presenting a good case the best rivalry in the comp is you and Power