Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 10 Swans v Pies Fri 24-May at SCG #AFLSwansPies @sydneyswans

Despite the loss I'm really pleased with the result. Wins don't matter at this stage of the season, it's how we play that counts.
    How good was Reid? He's always had that ability but injuries, and the time it takes to recover his form have cost him during his career. Let's hope he gets an injury free run over the next few years. He could be anything.
    Clarke has found his niche. With him as our tagger, Hewitt is now free to play in the midfield.
    O'Riordon and Thurlow are slowly finding their feet in the backline as is Blakey. Love his aggression and willingness to take the game on. He's going to be Buddy 2.0, maybe he won't kick as many goals but he's more versatile and can play anywhere.
    Come next year our youth will be much more experienced. It's just a shame we won't be getting Rowell 😩 who would have been a perfect fit for us. Maybe we can trade Jones (who I think will leave) and our first for pick one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Burra View Post
    Stulff it! We should tank. We've got the cattle, they just need to develop. Give the old timers time to recuperate, a couple of good draft picks and we're back in the show
    I agree but I think it's too late given were already on three wins. Carlton and Norf are such rabble a that they might not win another game.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Sinclair was absolutely destroyed by Grundy and Reid more then matched him. This is extremely concerning but we have absolutely no other options until Naismith is back up and running (Cameron is not the solution).
    I haven't seen enough of Cameron to comment, but I can't remember feeling as disappointed in Sinclair's performance as I did watching last night. It was all the more striking how poorly he did in the ruck when, as you say, Reid showed that it was possible to actually make a contest of it. Another can't remember moment was seeing Horse vent obvious frustration with Sinclair when he came to the bench one time. (That said, Sinclair has given his absolute best for the club; it's a pity that this year his best hasn't matched last year's.)

Sinclair’s poor performance could be the product of exhaustion now in his second year of playing as number 1 ruck.

But if Reid is doing a better job would it be crazy to swap the roles? Does he have the tank to match other ruckmen around the ground?

With Menzel about to join the fwd line too?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I’m no ruck expert but I sometimes wonder why when the other ruckman is dominating and basically tapping it wherever he wants, why doesn’t the other ruck not bother going for the tap and become an extra body on the ground instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Sinclair’s poor performance could be the product of exhaustion now in his second year of playing as number 1 ruck.

But if Reid is doing a better job would it be crazy to swap the roles? Does he have the tank to match other ruckmen around the ground?

I'm thinking that surely you're right, the poor bloke has to be exhausted. As for Sam, I worry for his body to see him go even into a single ruck contest, let alone contemplate him take a more significant ruck role than last night.

The pies deserved the win. They just won more contests. Losing Hewett and Kennedy did not help.

We had a crack, but weren’t good enough on the night.

The umpiring was fine.

A couple of the holding the ball decisions that went against us were pretty clear when players dove on the ball (no prior opportunity is needed and the obligation is up to them to clear the ball, regardless of an opposition player holding it in). One went against Rampe early in the game, which made me think he didn’t know that rule either. Maybe the club should take our players through them all, just to make sure.

I did think that Reid was infringed against in four consecutive ruck contests by his brother, but as I mentioned after the non-free kick at the end of last game, you could pay a free in every tuck duel if you watched closely enough. We just didn’t get the rub of the green there.

Apart from the usual suspects, I was very impressed with McCartin's red hot competitiveness and Blakey's ball sense, they both will be future guns for the Swans for many years. They are both skin and bones but with some more muscle, will be a nightmare for the opposition.

Sinclair has (touch wood ) been an indestructible total soldier and hard working journeyman for the club week after week , month after month....
    Such an exhausting task .

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    And allegedly BT called Aliir Aliir “Majak Daw”

He did.....I heard him say it and yelled "Oh that's right, 'cause they all look the same eh BT?"

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    He did.....I heard him say it and yelled "Oh that's right, 'cause they all look the same eh BT?"
    Maybe Brian just panicked, because he could remember Aliir's first name, but he couldn't remember his last name?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Despite the loss I'm really pleased with the result. Wins don't matter at this stage of the season, it's how we play that counts.
    How good was Reid? He's always had that ability but injuries, and the time it takes to recover his form have cost him during his career. Let's hope he gets an injury free run over the next few years. He could be anything.
    Clarke has found his niche. With him as our tagger, Hewitt is now free to play in the midfield.
    O'Riordon and Thurlow are slowly finding their feet in the backline as is Blakey. Love his aggression and willingness to take the game on. He's going to be Buddy 2.0, maybe he won't kick as many goals but he's more versatile and can play anywhere.
    Come next year our youth will be much more experienced. It's just a shame we won't be getting Rowell 😩 who would have been a perfect fit for us. Maybe we can trade Jones (who I think will leave) and our first for pick one.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree but I think it's too late given were already on three wins. Carlton and Norf are such rabble a that they might not win another game.
    North just won and are now above us on the ladder.