Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes V West Coast

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Those who watch more NEAFL than I do will have to comment on Cameron. I saw just a fraction of the stream of Saturday's game and thought there was just no urgency about what I saw him doing. Sinclair is not the most gifted ruckman in the competition, and it's arguable he's not primarily a ruckman at all; but his willingness to give his all for the team is admirable. On that basis alone, unless the NEAFL watchers can inform us otherwise, I'd have Sinclair ahead of Cameron; the other proviso being whether Sinclair is knackered at the moment and simply needs a rest.

As for Michael Knoll, again, those who've seen more of him can comment; he doesn't seem - from the little I've seen - to jump for the ball so much as use his strength to get the better position in the ruck contest. I'm not convinced that'll be effective at AFL level.
    Don't disagree with any of this. Though I would be happy to give it my all if the Swans pick me too. It wouldn't necessarily improve the team though...

Sinclair is getting a game because there is no one better. That in itself is a concern and my main issue.

Aliir and Reid would be better but you can't take them away from positions they have been playing so well in.

I have a rather different 'beef'. Could we stop referring to Michael Knoll as 'grassy'. It's a confession both of our not knowing him well enough to give him a decent nickname based on his own personality / behaviour, and of our lamentable poverty of imagination. Like every sportsperson surnamed Marsh being called 'Swampy'. Wow, how creative - not!

(I will, of course, retract if there is any evidence that he knows and endorses the nickname. But I currently don't know of any.)
    I beg to differ. Grassy, is a clever name that pays homage to a patch of turf in Dallas Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    I beg to differ. Grassy, is a clever name that pays homage to a patch of turf in Dallas Texas.
    Not sure the Swans want to be associated with the shooting of a Kennedy .....!

Not all knolls are grassy - so perhaps Hillsy is better (if you must have a nickname other than the one he has been known by in the past).

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    Well, as has been remarked before, we learn some things we'd never have known if it weren't for RWO.

That said, the nickname isn't one that is of particularly good omen, then, and only those who've used it will be able to tell us if they were alluding to that seminal moment in American history.

Quote Originally Posted by Asho View Post
    By the way - Naismith has been out for 18 months. What’s going on? Club very quiet.
    According to the club, Naismith back 'a few weeks after the Bye.'

But expect him play NEAFL for a while to get some match fitness back. So unlikely to make an impact this year, and will benefit from a full pre-season.

Changes V West Coast

Quote Originally Posted by iigrover View Post

But expect him play NEAFL for a while to get some match fitness back. So unlikely to make an impact this year, and will benefit from a full pre-season.
    Optimistic to expect much of an impact from him at all. Yes, He won lots of hit outs, but I don’t recall him being overly effective with the majority of his taps ( certainly no Gawn or Grundy with taps to advantage) , and after that offers absolutely zilch around the ground. Doesn’t mark it , doesn’t throw his weight around, hardly gets a a touch at all and certainly doesn’t hit the scoreboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Sinclair has to go. He is the worst ruckman in the comp.

Cameron isn't the answer but may as well see what he can do over a few games. I don't know much about Knoll but could be an interesting inclusion.
    Sinclair is not great against good ruckmen, but this seems an overstatement. For example, in round 1 he beat English in hitouts 44-19. Incidentally, this week's opponent Vardy only beat English 28-27 in hitouts on the weekend, so it looks a contest Sinclair should win.

Quote Originally Posted by iigrover View Post

Until he gets injured again ...

Senior Player
    Well, as has been remarked before, we learn some things we'd never have known if it weren't for RWO.

That said, the nickname isn't one that is of particularly good omen, then, and only those who've used it will be able to tell us if they were alluding to that seminal moment in American history.
    Maybe Shannon could work ?

I have a rather different 'beef'. Could we stop referring to Michael Knoll as 'grassy'. It's a confession both of our not knowing him well enough to give him a decent nickname based on his own personality / behaviour, and of our lamentable poverty of imagination.........
    Can we rename him...... Laocoön ?

It’s better then “Reg” Grundy 😂 lol

Lee Harvey Osknolled

On the veteran's list
    Apparently Kinear Beatson saw Knoll in action when he was reviewing the Zapruder footage.

First impression was that he was as green as grass. Thought he was worth another shot.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast