Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes V West Coast

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I’m not sure that’s really what the Swans want: a ruckman who’s doing a great job considering “playing as a full-time ruckman isn’t his strength”

We need better than that
    Yes, that was my point about why we drafted two ruckmen.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Veterans List
    Grundy is doing a farewell lap this week at halftime. If you are going to the game please cheer extra loudly for me 😊.

I'm still available to play in the ruck.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

One change I expect for this week will be back to our regular jumper and socks. While I really like our Swans home outfits, I LOVE the indigenous ones. So I’m a bit sad to see them packed back in the cupboard.

I wonder if they will be the same for next year’s indigenous round - or after two years we will have a new design.

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    One change I expect for this week will be back to our regular jumper and socks. While I really like our Swans home outfits, I LOVE the indigenous ones. So I’m a bit sad to see them packed back in the cupboard.

I wonder if they will be the same for next year’s indigenous round - or after two years we will have a new design.
    They'll change in a few years to keep new merchandise ticking over.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Veteran Site Admin
    Sounds like we'll have at least one change this week, with Fox all but ruled out by Gardiner on the injury wrap.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Menzel needs a few games to build match fitness and for us to see if he's worth retaining. Clarke is doing a good job of a much needed role keeping oppositions best outside midfielder quiet.

Other than Rose, no one in the NEAFL is putting up such consistent numbers to warrant tipping out a senior incumbent.

No change
    I think the numbers only tell part of the story. Fox, Clarke and COR all have churned out massive games in the NEAFL yet have not even come close to being as dominant in AFL.
    Although Stoddart gets about 20 odd possessions a match, his disposal and run off half back gives hope that he could actually have a significant impact at the top level.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Sounds like we'll have at least one change this week, with Fox all but ruled out by Gardiner on the injury wrap.
    If there was anyone in danger of being dropped it would be Fox. Rowbottom to replace him?

Senior Player
    If there was anyone in danger of being dropped it would be Fox. Rowbottom to replace him?
    Stoddart!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Rowbottom or Stoddart, please no KJ!

The season is gone, time to get games into young players and try different positional moves, like Mills in the midfield roster and play Rowbottom in there which is where he played as an inside mid at U18 and I assume in the NEAFL? Who cares if we get beat, it's all about 2020 on.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Rowbottom or Stoddart, please no KJ!

The season is gone, time to get games into young players and try different positional moves, like Mills in the midfield roster and play Rowbottom in there which is where he played as an inside mid at U18 and I assume in the NEAFL? Who cares if we get beat, it's all about 2020 on.
    I care if we get beat. I want us to win every game from here.

But I agree with the chorus of moving Mills into the midfield, and getting more games into Rowbottom. But I reckon Stoddart is due another crack too.

Senior Player
    Fox is out injured this week

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast