Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 12 Swans v Eagles Sun 9-Jun at SCG #AFLSwansEagles @sydneyswans

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

#AFL Round 12 Swans v Eagles Sun 9-Jun at SCG #AFLSwansEagles @sydneyswans

Sydney Swans (3W8L 15th) v West Coast Eagles (8W3L 4th)
    Sunday 9th June 3:20pm
    SCG

Sydney

B:24. Dane Rampe43. Lewis Melican44. Jake Lloyd
    HB:14. Callum Mills36. Aliir Aliir3. Jarrad McVeigh
    C:34. Jordan Dawson26. Luke Parker13. Oliver Florent
    HF:22. Nick Blakey20. Sam Reid9. Will Hayward
    F:30. Tom McCartin23. Lance Franklin5. Isaac Heeney
    Foll:18. Callum Sinclair29. George Hewett11. Tom Papley
    Int:2. Daniel Menzel38. Colin O'Riordan4. Ryan Clarke
     17. Darcy Cameron33. Ryley Stoddart6.Jackson Thurlow
     8. James Rowbottom1. James Rose 

In: Cameron, Stoddart, Thurlow, Rowbottom, Rose
    Out: Robbie Fox (injured)

West Coast

B:5. Brad Sheppard31. Will Schofield14. Liam Duggan
    HB:28. Tom Cole20. Jeremy McGovern23. Lewis Jetta
    C:15. Jamie Cripps6. Elliot Yeo3. Andrew Gaff
    HF:44. Willie Rioli27. Jack Darling8. Jack Redden
    F:1. Liam Ryan17. Josh J. Kennedy21. Jack Petruccelle
    Foll:19. Nathan Vardy4. Dom Sheed13. Luke Shuey
    Int:2. Jake Waterman16. Tom Hickey30. Jackson Nelson
     34. Mark Hutchings35. Josh Rotham39. Jarrod Cameron
     41. Brendon Ah Chee45. Josh Smith 

In: Hickey, Nelson, Rotham, Cameron, Ah Chee, Smith
    Out: Shannon Hurn (injured), Oscar Allen (injured)

Umpires: Dean Margetts (6), Sam Hay (20), Simon Meredith (21)

Selected stats from the Footy Live app:

• The Swans won 80 intercept possessions against the Cats last round - their most recorded in a match this season. Although, they scored just 22 points from these intercepts - their fewest amount recorded in a match this season.
    • Across the past four weeks, the Swans have conceded a score from just 39% of their opposition's inside 50 entries - ranked third defensively
    • Sydney has been outscored by a total of 84 points in opening quarters this season - ranked 18th
    • Sydney has averaged 34 points from chains starting in its forward half this season - ranked 16th
    • The Swans has scored 33 points as a result of turnovers caused by Nick Blakey's pressure acts this season - ranked equal-14th in the competition

• The Eagles have averaged just 47 inside 47 inside 50s per game this season - ranked 15th. However, they score a goal from 26% of their inside 50 entries - ranked third.
    • West Coast has received a pressure factor of 1.74 from its opposition this season - the lowest pressure rating received of any side.
    • The Eagles have recorded the third-fewest amount of shots at goal this season. However, they have recorded a shot at goal accuracy of 53% - ranked No. 1
    • West Coast has gained 16.3 metres per disposal this season - the second-highest rate of any side.
    • The Eagles have averaged 33 points from chains starting in their defensive half this season - ranked fourth.
    • The Eagles have scored 38 points as a result of turnovers caused by Liam Ryan's pressure acts this season - ranked eighth in the competition.

Head-to-head
    J.​Longmire 4 A.Simpson 2 (2-0 at the SCG)

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    [COLOR=#ff0000]

[*]The Swans has scored 33 points as a result of turnovers caused by Nick Blakey's pressure acts this season - ranked equal-14th in the competition
    [*]The Eagles have scored 38 points as a result of turnovers caused by Liam Ryan's pressure acts this season - ranked eighth in the competition.
    Don't quite get those observations. How can the Swans rank 14th for points from turnovers from Nick Blakey's pressure acts? Or West Coast from Ryan's pressure acts. Surely each team would be outright first (with other teams scoring nil, unless these players' pressure acts cause their teams to concede points).

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I think it's the individual ranking, and the numbers would support that theory.

Regular in the Side
    The Eagles have not won at the SCG this century. Lets maintain this run.

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    The Eagles have not won at the SCG this century. Lets maintain this run.
    Great stat! Is it true?

Let's do it!!

What do people want from the rest of the season: (a) a whole load more honourable defeats and a bottom 4 finish (b) a resurgence but missing the finals in 9-14 territory (c) neither?

I'm torn. There are arguments both ways. I don't see any way we are making finals now, so its about getting a high draft pick vs culture. Actually culture is the most important thing so it has to be (b).

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    There are arguments both ways. I don't see any way we are making finals now, so its about getting a high draft pick vs culture. Actually culture is the most important thing so it has to be (b).
    Watching on TV as the team went down to the rooms after the win against North, seeing how excited the young players were, there is no question. Culture IS the most important thing.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Watching on TV as the team went down to the rooms after the win against North, seeing how excited the young players were, there is no question. Culture IS the most important thing.
    Absolutely, Meg. Culture we have was very hard won. Confident it will be maintained, especially if Longmire is retained and eventually a succession plan is enacted a la Roos' last couple of years. Kirk?

Veterans List
    I want us to win as many games that will still see us in 15th, get a "certain" gun with pick 4 this year and a soft draw for 2020. Saw four very good players in the Vic Metro - Vic Country game last week.

So that number of wins I want is entirely dependent on how many those around us on the table win in the run home. Think we can safely say Carlton and Gold Coast will be 18th and 17th. Us, Dogs, Dees, North and Saints will jockey for the other low ladder finishes. We have games against four of these, Carlton, GC, Dees and Saints.

We also have interest in Carlton (4th rounder) and Saints (2nd rounder) picks we currently hold.

Regular in the Side
    707 you are wanting us to tank. I call you out on that as I never ever wish to be in the same space as Carlton or Melbourne.

I couldn't believe what I heard on one of those footy shows last week where Gary Lyon was saying Melbourne should basically tank the rest of the season. Do they never learn?

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I couldn't believe what I heard on one of those footy shows last week where Gary Lyon was saying Melbourne should basically tank the rest of the season. Do they never learn?
    I think we know the answer to that. It's been going on since 1964.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast