Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 14 v Hawthorn

Opti-pessi-misti
    I wouldn't mind McCartin, along with Hayward having a few games in the NEAFL in order to spread their wings a bit. With Buddy and Reid back in the team up forward and Blakey seemingly finding a little supporting niche for himself and with Dawson flourishing in a marking role around the ground McCartin has sort of been squeezed out. As he is part of our future it would not hurt his development to step back for a few games. Hayward needs to regain confidence especially in front of goal.
    I would leave Menzel in if he has pulled up okay. He could add another exciting dimension to our forward line as he gains match fitness. I would also give Rose another opportunity.. So for me Macca and McCartin out and Hayward if fit in the 2's. JPK and Jones in if fit.

A step backward is not a step forward.

Opti-pessi-misti
    What about a step sideways! He was flung into the team because there was no Reid, no Buddy, (and no Blakey) available. Apart from Sinclair he was just about the only tall in the forward half. He did a great job despite his age and lack of experience. A stint in the reserves would not necessarily be a step backwards for him even in taking a step back.

Opti-pessi-misti
    What about a step sideways! He was flung into the team because there was no Reid, no Buddy, (and no Blakey) available. Apart from Sinclair he was just about the only tall in the forward half. He did a great job despite his age and lack of experience. A stint in the reserves would not necessarily be a step backwards for him even in taking a step back.

Hawks play 2 genuine ruckman. Is there any chance Darcy Cameron might get a game?

McCartin plays as a true CHF, which is crucial for contests across the middle third of the ground. He also demands a good tall defender, which helps stretch defences trying to cover him, Reid, Buddy and to a lesser extent Blakey.
    Plus, we're not going to challenge this year, so learning his craft alongside 21 other AFL quality players is better than NEAFL opponents.

Out; Mc Veigh
    In; JPK

Opti-pessi-misti
    Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    McCartin plays as a true CHF, which is crucial for contests across the middle third of the ground. He also demands a good tall defender, which helps stretch defences trying to cover him, Reid, Buddy and to a lesser extent Blakey.
    Plus, we're not going to challenge this year, so learning his craft alongside 21 other AFL quality players is better than NEAFL opponents.
    Yes, I agree with you in that but for such a young player a couple of games here and there in the reserves where he is more or less the 'main man', he gets the opportunity to develop the 'true CHF' side of his game as well.

McCartin playing on Sicily would be my preferred match up.

The TV last night showed Stratton (who is their Captain!!) continually pinching his opponent on the upper arm. One shot had at least 5 bruises showing on (I think) Fantasia.

Regular in the Side
    Stratton is a dirty thug. Was it two weeks ago that we saw TV footage of him continually hitting his opponent in front of the umpire with the umpire apparently amused by it. The report on AFL said that the umpire should have paid a free and then he would stop doing it.The hits were below the force required to make a report but are a horrible look on the game. Pinching falls into the same category and should merit an immediate free kick.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    Stratton is a dirty thug. Was it two weeks ago that we saw TV footage of him continually hitting his opponent in front of the umpire with the umpire apparently amused by it. The report on AFL said that the umpire should have paid a free and then he would stop doing it.The hits were below the force required to make a report but are a horrible look on the game. Pinching falls into the same category and should merit an immediate free kick.
    He has been sent straight to the tribunal.....also for 'stomping'.....and was also fined for an obscene gesture to the crowd. Some 'captain'.....

Hawk sent straight to Tribunal for pinching and stomping - AFL.com.au

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    He has been sent straight to the tribunal.....also for 'stomping'.....and was also fined for an obscene gesture to the crowd. Some 'captain'.....

Hawk sent straight to Tribunal for pinching and stomping - AFL.com.au
    I saw the stomping incident and I would be very surprised if he didn't miss our game. What great leadership from the captain...he should be copping it way more than Rampe did.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast