Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 15 v Gold Coast

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Clarke's problem is that he has a really weird handballing technique. It's like he is throwing and handballing at the same time. It was pointed out by Healy in the preseason and now I can't stop seeing it!.
    That’s it in a nutshell.
    The essence of a good midfielder is simply to get to all the contests. Clarke is excellent at that. He tackles well, is a good mark, and a reasonable kick. But he handballs like a child, and that causes most of his clangers. However, that’s a technical issue that can be coached.
    Clarke is young, and he has plenty of up-side; definite keeper.

Veterans List
    Apparently McVeigh may be available this week. Surely it's too soon especially after a hammy and with his soft tissue injury history?

Cunningham is also training well and should be available for the week after.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    What on earth has happened to Will Haywards efficiency when kicking at goal?
    He's below 50% this year - not sure on his status but would have expected him to be in the low 60s previous years. Feels like he's the most unreliable kick in the forward line (at least when Ronke is out).

His 3 goal assists for the year are equally underwhelming.
    He was almost a sure thing with his set shot kicking last year - he's been dreadful this year.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Have to disagree, I watched him closely on replay and I don't reckon his disposal is any worse than a lot of our other players. He is often at the coalface where the heat and pressure is greatest so that limits exact disposal.

I think this has become an urban myth, we only see the disposals that he mucks up so it perpetuates he's a poor ball user. I haven't seen any stats (someone on here can quote them I'm sure), but I reckon his would look ok.
    I agree with captain. Every time Clarke has the ball I feel nervous. I especially felt that way on Friday night. Still, I also agree with Markwebbos that he has other strengths. Long term he needs to improve not to be just warming a spot for Rowbottom.

Longmire did give Clarke quite the backhanded compliment regarding his 50th game this week. We shouldn't overlook the impact his tagging is having on Hewett's game.

Key quotes: John Longmire - sydneyswans.com.au

“He’s come into the team and added some midfield depth to that group, and that’s been important for us. We’ve been without Josh Kennedy and Zak Jones for periods of time this year, so those guys going out of the team has meant we’ve needed some depth in that area, and Ryan has been able to provide that for us.”

Looks like Harry and Macca might be a chance this week. If they are not 100%, sit them out for another week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Looks like Harry and Macca might be a chance this week. If they are not 100%, sit them out for another week.
    Yep agree. Would be crazy to play either if not 100% fit.

Wouldn't mind seeing both have a game or two in the NEAFL first to get some form.

This quote from Charlie Gardiner implies Macca won’t be playing NEAFL if fit

Duo in the frame - sydneyswans.com.au

“Jarrad is keen to get back as quickly as possible,” Gardiner said.

Never going to play NEAFL. His issue isn't form. He always seems to slot straight back in after injury. To my eyes his last few injuries have occured doing simple things like kicking the ball and that's a worry. A true champion at the Swans but must surely be in his last season.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AnsweredPrayers View Post
    Never going to play NEAFL. His issue isn't form. He always seems to slot straight back in after injury. To my eyes his last few injuries have occured doing simple things like kicking the ball and that's a worry. A true champion at the Swans but must surely be in his last season.
    You wonder if some of his injuries have been caused by the fact that he has came straight into the seniors, instead of having a game in the slower paced NEAFL to allow his body to adjust.

Obviously form wise he is an auto senior selection

Quote Originally Posted by AnsweredPrayers View Post
    Yes form is the wrong word. Should play NEAFL to get some confidence in his body and run out a few games.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Yes form is the wrong word. Should play NEAFL to get some confidence in his body and run out a few games.
    Have been a huge McVeigh fan but too risky now to play him in the ones.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast