Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Changes for round 15 v Gold Coast

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    No I am referring to a stat I read after a recent game which had Menzel as the second fastest player on the ground. Not sure that I believe it either.
    I wonder if that is that based on GPS data, because that is notoriously unreliable.

The TelstraTracker™️ had Ronke second fastest v GCS at 31.0km per hour.

That wouldn’t have even got him on the leaderboard last week (Blakey was our fastest at 32.3km per hour). Ditto Weagles Blakey again at 34.0.

Against the Cats Menzel was clocked at 33.3km/hr.

On that evidence Menzel would be the second fastest Swan, and Blakey the fastest!

I thought Ronke played as well as he has this year (Admittedly that’s setting the bar very low).

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    The TelstraTracker™️ had Ronke second fastest v GCS at 31.0km per hour.

That wouldn’t have even got him on the leaderboard last week (Blakey was our fastest at 32.3km per hour). Ditto Weagles Blakey again at 34.0.

Against the Cats Menzel was clocked at 33.3km/hr.

On that evidence Menzel would be the second fastest Swan, and Blakey the fastest!
    Top speeds achieved in a single game doesn't provide compelling evidence of who the quickest players are in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Top speeds achieved in a single game doesn't provide compelling evidence of who the quickest players are in the team.
    I think Ronke would be quicker than Menzel over the first 20 metres.

But the top speed recorded for Menzel is quicker than that for Ronke and the second fastest I could find for any player in the side (admittedly I only looked at about half a dozen games)

OK looked at some other games on the tracker to see other, quicker (and slower) speeds recorded:

Buddy 35.2
    Blakey 34.0
    Melican 33.7
    Menzel 33.3
    Rampe 33.2
    Ronke 33.1
    Reid 33.0
    Florent 32.3
    Aliir 32.4
    Paps 32.3
    Hayward 32.0
    Jones 31.8
    Rose 31.8
    Fox 31.7
    Cunningham 31.2
    Lloyd 30.6

There does seem to be a lot of variability from game to game (Aliir got 29.5 in one and 32.2 in another), and you only see the top 5 players (across both sides). It's hard to know how accurate the actual speeds are (whether the measurements are comparable from game to game). In one game Buddy was only clocked at 30.2 in another at 35.2

I'm surprised how far down the list Jones and Cunningham appear ...

We need a stat on how fast they are over the first 20 metres, this one doesn't feel that useful.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678