Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 15 v Gold Coast

Clarke went home prior to the fight. He is out of the team because he is an average footballer who butchers the ball. No place for someone who can just tag and do nothing else, the game has moved past that. You only need to look at Hewett or de Boer to see that.

Great to see Rowbottom in. So much more upside than Clarke.

Shame that Menzel has lost his spot, has so much skill and adds more of an X Factor.

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Just weird considering his North mate was wrapped up in the nightclub incident last week
    I recko. Heeney came clean and i suspect Clarke only come clean after Heeney
    Clarke wasn’t there according to the official story

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I reckon you are pretty spot on. Re: Clarke, in the week of his potential 50th, Horse described his as a depth player. I'll be interested to see what role Ronke plays, surely a defensive one. The MC seem to have developed a pleasant ruthless streak this year. No sign of Kizza again this week.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think he has the same defensive capability though.
    Wicks 7.5 tackles / match
    Ronke 3.5 tackles / match

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    What do Menzel’s numbers look like?

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    What do Menzel’s numbers look like?
    2 NEAFL matches for 2 tackles but has kicked 8.1! Remembering too, the matches where on managed time as he was coming back from long term injury. I like him in the team as he has that certain X Factor that stats don't show up. However, he's not going to contribute too much in slowing an oppositions rebound out of defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Shame that Menzel has lost his spot, has so much skill and adds more of an X Factor.
    I too was sorry to see Menzel go out. He is a very intelligent footballer, positions himself really well, so in right places to take opportunities. I would have liked to see his experience and footy ‘smarts’ with Buddy not there.

I think Wicks has played more on ball than Ronke has, which could explain some of the difference. That said, Wicks has been a real surprise package; his game really moved to another level this year. I posted somewhere else that I thought sticking more tackles was Ronke's biggest problem. Too many players run by him or break tackles on him in AFL. He should be able to fix the problem, one would think.

Changes for round 15 v Gold Coast

As far as I am aware Wicks is still a Category B rookie and therefore not eligible to play seniors. Possibly, if the Club wanted to promote him they could do so for rest of season by placing Smith on long-term injury list? Just speculation on my part.

Veteran Site Admin
    They have already moved Smith to the LTIL, and that was before he was ruled out for the rest of the season. So they could select Bell or Wicks if they wanted to.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I think Wicks has played more on ball than Ronke has, which could explain some of the difference. That said, Wicks has been a real surprise package; his game really moved to another level this year. I posted somewhere else that I thought sticking more tackles was Ronke's biggest problem. Too many players run by him or break tackles on him in AFL. He should be able to fix the problem, one would think.
    Hope he can fix his kicking, other than for goal. Very ordinary for AFL.
    Last edited by liz; 28th June 2019 at 07:59 PM. Reason: fixed quotation formatting

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    Menzel is faster than Ronke and is also older.
    Presumably you're referring to Grandma Ronke because Ben is fast and I'd give myself half a chance to beat Menzel over 20m.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Presumably you're referring to Grandma Ronke because Ben is fast and I'd give myself half a chance to beat Menzel over 20m.
    No I am referring to a stat I read after a recent game which had Menzel as the second fastest player on the ground. Not sure that I believe it either.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast