Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 15 Swans v Suns Sat 29-Jun at SCG #AFLSwansSuns @sydneyswans

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Flew up from Melbourne with my son to see this and went home happy!

Yes, we were far from glamorous and we made lots of skill errors that a better side than the Suns might have made us pay for.

However, when Sinclair went off, we were down in numbers, height and strength and we fought through it. I felt it was a gutsy win!

I thought Allir was magnificent and Rowbottom proved he's got it!

Go you mighty Cygnets!!
    Last edited by Sandridge; 30th June 2019 at 09:01 AM.

And the Suns player - Witts, I think? - surely has to go for his hit on Lizard in the marking contest in the first quarter?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    And the Suns player - Witts, I think? - surely has to go for his hit on Lizard in the marking contest in the first quarter?
    Thats what I thought at the time, but I suspect that since Blakey got up quickly, it will be ruled as insufficient force and he probably won't be suspended. Of course, if the strike was an inch or two lower, and it knocked Blakey out, instead of sliding of his head; then Witts would probably be looking at five or six weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Thats what I thought at the time, but I suspect that since Blakey got up quickly, it will be ruled as insufficient force and he probably won't be suspended. Of course, if the strike was an inch or two lower, and it knocked Blakey out, instead of sliding of his head; then Witts would probably be looking at five or six weeks.
    I thought that, too, especially seeing Blakey kicked the goal. But when you watch it on replay, it's just luck that Witts didn't do much greater damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    Agree. Champion data had him as our 7th best player, pretty much equal with Hewett, Reid and Aliir. Still a bit generous in my book, but more realistic.

There as a 25m kick in our backline which the umpires called "not 15, play on". I nearly fell off my chair. Then in the 2nd quarter they did it to the Suns. I mean, I understand they don't want to reward dinky little kicks, but when a player kicks it half way across the field, surely it's a mark!

It's not unheard of for a player to come back on after a dislocated shoulder. I think Hannebery did his in his second or third year. It was about the 3rd quarter and he came back on and played out the game, then missed the next week or two. And although Cresswell's famous kneecap dislocation did finish him up for the game, he played the next week. Given Sinclair's injury was so early in the game I thought they might try and give him another shot after assessing the injury. Having another dislocation so quickly is concerning though. I wonder if he'll have to go in for surgery?

Incidentally I used to play basketball with a guy who was very prone to shoulder dislocations. He wouldn't even go off the court, just pop it back in and play on. Eventually it got so loose that it would dislocate at least once in nearly every game and he had to have surgery. Obviously Sinclairs injury is different - he seemed to be in a lot of pain whereas it didn't really bother my friend at all.
    Having looked after plenty of shoulders in my second job (1st job is Swans supporter), the first step will be to determine extent of injury. If there is a small tear to the rotator cuff, Cal could play out the rest of the season after 2-4 weeks off to rehab it. If a large tear, he will require surgery to repair his rotator cuff +/- additional injury which in all likelihood would be season ending. The problem is if it falls in the grey zone and then becomes a balance between this season v long term, career shortening injury.

Regardless, Darcy will hopefully get a run, quad permitting. This will be important in 2 ways:
    1) Give the club a good look at him and whether he is AFL standard. Look at how Reilly O'Brien's stocks have risen at the Crowd once given an opportunity.
    2) Buy the time required to see whether Cal can have his shoulder managed without surgery if that is what the club doctors decide to try first. If Darcy is doing well and Cal is a bit iffy, then the club could either give him longer to rehab, or opt for surgery.

Warming the Bench
    [QUOTE=stevoswan;778746]I agree with you on Knoll. From what I've seen of him in the NEAFL streams, he rucks sort of heavy.....not sprightly at all. Makes me wonder how he was doing so well in the SANFL.

A "Galloping Gasometer" type?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    I thought that, too, especially seeing Blakey kicked the goal. But when you watch it on replay, it's just luck that Witts didn't do much greater damage.
    Should get a week (or two) for sheer recklessness.....could have caused some real damage....IMO, it's actually up there with Cameron's hit on Harris and even Pluggers hit on Caven for potential to cause injury. A very dangerous act....

Veterans List
    [QUOTE=56-14;778773]
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I agree with you on Knoll. From what I've seen of him in the NEAFL streams, he rucks sort of heavy.....not sprightly at all. Makes me wonder how he was doing so well in the SANFL.

A "Galloping Gasometer" type?
    Knollan?

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Already happened m, strangely announced on Friday evening which is usually when you bury unfavourable press releases.
    I saw the extension , just thinking we should tack a few more years onto it !He’s going to something special

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    I can't believe the medical staff put him back on the ground. Just crazy.
    Agree. Very ordinary effort. Harley needs to have a good hard look at that decision.
    I'm sure he'll report that it was all fine, but behind the scenes heads should roll.

We will finally fine out who the club thinks is our third best ruckman.
    Allir, Reid, Cameron or Grassy.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Agree. Very ordinary effort. Harley needs to have a good hard look at that decision.
    I'm sure he'll report that it was all fine, but behind the scenes heads should roll.

We will finally fine out who the club thinks is our third best ruckman.
    Allir, Reid, Cameron or Grassy.
    In a GF, yes you would do that. Have whole off season to get it better plus stakes are high. V GC though.........

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast