Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 15 Swans v Suns Sat 29-Jun at SCG #AFLSwansSuns @sydneyswans

Dawson's boot has been spectacular today. Some good signs from Rowbottom .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Unfortunately Cameron is already injured
    I got the impression it was relatively minor (not from the Swans obviously, using the services of a medium).

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Dunstall isn’t commentating our game
    Oh you’re right!

Apologies to Piggy (in this instance) and extreme dislike to whoever sounds like Piggy? David King?

Can I say how pleasant its been that there has NOT been constant complaining about the umpires today

Veterans List
    I can't ever recall such an underwhelming 7 goal win by a Swans side. We should have kicked 10 goals in the last quarter. Some really dumb selections when we had the ball inside 50. What were Florent and Papley thinking of with their woeful short passes. If you are not confident of kicking the goal put it to the top of the square at the least. If Hayward kicked those soda set shots he would be talked of as an elite small forward.

Positives:

James Rose played a good game, but when will he realise its not compulsory to hand pass to a senior player when they call for it under severe pressure. Do it yourself rather than wait for adulation by your seniors. Kennedy and Parker were big culprits.
    Rowbottom keeps his spot. Got better as the game progressed.
    Dawson is a star. I think that was his best game. Moved it on quickly with sublime foot skills.
    Mills has found his touch.

Puzzled; How did Kennedy get 112 AFL Fantasy points? They clearly don't count clangers and turnovers.

Recent inclusions, Rowbottom, Rose and Ronke all had pretty good games and will be hard to drop from the team. The team as a whole was pretty ordinary today. Seemed like weren't mentally switched on enough. To their credit, GC played a solid contested brand of footy, but as the commentators noted, they can't go on with it for 4 quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Heeney is way off. His kicking selection is poor. Gets a mark and stands still, then kicks straight a Suns player.
    I was thinking the same thing, then just like magic, one critical remark from you can turn things around and Heeney finished with the most ranking points and a DE of 88%. How you do it? You already saved the careers of Harry Cunningham and George Hewett. You should apply for the job of Director of Player Development.

You are also right about Hayward. His set shots have been swinging left all year. He's always been a good goal kicker and a good set shot, so I'm sure he'll work that out. Heeney has also been missing a lot of easy shots this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Can I say how pleasant its been that there has NOT been constant complaining about the umpires today
    Lucky we won. I thought they were pretty poor and inconsistent. I felt GC got the better of the decisions overall, but that may just be my bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Puzzled; How did Kennedy get 112 AFL Fantasy points? They clearly don't count clangers and turnovers.
    Fantasy doesn't care about effectiveness of disposals, Supercoach does.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Recent inclusions, Rowbottom, Rose and Ronke all had pretty good games and will be hard to drop from the team. The team as a whole was pretty ordinary today. Seemed like weren't mentally switched on enough. To their credit, GC played a solid contested brand of footy, but as the commentators noted, they can't go on with it for 4 quarters.

I was thinking the same thing, then just like magic, one critical remark from you can turn things around and Heeney finished with the most ranking points and a DE of 88%. How you do it? You already saved the careers of Harry Cunningham and George Hewett. You should apply for the job of Director of Player Development.

You are also right about Hayward. His set shots have been swinging left all year. He's always been a good goal kicker and a good set shot, so I'm sure he'll work that out. Heeney has also been missing a lot of easy shots this year.
    I look forward to discussing my amazing talent of turning the form of players mid match and saving their careers, in August. They clearly read my posts.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Fantasy doesn't care about effectiveness of disposals, Supercoach does.
    To me he looks like he is carrying that left knee problem big time. Very slow and one on one he is struggling. He will probably be named in the best because he had 27 stats.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    For anyone on here who dislocates their shoulder, remember this:
    1) the shoulder is innately an unstable joint allowing humans greater upper limb mobility
    2) stability is provided by the ligaments, tendons/muscles, labrum and capsule
    3) when you dislocate a shoulder you can potentially tear ligaments, maybe tendons, often tear the labrum and almost certainly stretch the joint capsule
    4) a torn labrum doesn’t un-tear, the capsule isn’t particularly elastic (it’s a property that makes it ideal for providing stability) and once stretch it doesn’t un-stretch particularly well. Once it’s a little laxed, it will likely predispose to further subluxations and dislocations.
    5) the more dislocations you sustain, the more likely you will require a surgical stabilisation - which will typically put you out for a month and a half to a few months
    6) each dislocation can potentially expose you to stability related repercussions (eg labral damage, chondral cartilage damage, nerve damage, further damage to ligaments or tendons)
    7) with the force required to actually dislocate a shoulder no amount of tape or strapping will likely prevent it (or hold a damaged, unstable shoulder together)

Before you decide to try and immediately play on (if they manage to relocate it) think of the long term repercussions and the likelihood of you re-injuring.

I hope that Cal hasn’t done any serious damage with 2 dislocations in such a short period of time.
    I can't believe the medical staff put him back on the ground. Just crazy.

Nice to eventually get away with a percentage booster. I though that Dawson was our best. Some of the long kicks that he dropped into the perfect landing area were superb. To varying degrees, I thought that all of our backline was good; with Mills and Rampe leading the way. McCartin also showed his versatility by playing effectively down back. Though the many people who have Lloyd in their fantasy team, would be disappointed in his output. Our midfield battled hard without Sinkers, with Parker continuing his good form, with 31 possessions and 11 clearances. I'm starting to wonder if Rowbottom will develop into another Parker? Though I have no real clear recall of what Parker was like at Rowbottom's age.

Senior Player
    I think Rowbottom might be a bit quicker than Parker but not as good overhead. He certainly is not overawed or out of his depth at the top level.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast