Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 15 Swans v Suns Sat 29-Jun at SCG #AFLSwansSuns @sydneyswans

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    I think Rowbottom might be a bit quicker than Parker but not as good overhead. He certainly is not overawed or out of his depth at the top level.
    He will only get better. On his game tonight he looks to be on a sharp upward trend.

Veterans List
    Was Dawson injured towards the end of the game? I might have misheard but it sounded like one of the commentators said he had ice on his body.

It was a much better second half. We were able to move the ball much better...although kicking inside 50 needs improvement.

It seemed like the Suns tired and they were turning the ball over.

I thought Aliir did well in the ruck. It will be interesting what we do next week. Essendon also have injured rucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Was Dawson injured towards the end of the game? I might have misheard but it sounded like one of the commentators said he had ice on his body.

It was a much better second half. We were able to move the ball much better...although kicking inside 50 needs improvement.

It seemed like the Suns tired and they were turning the ball over.

I thought Aliir did well in the ruck. It will be interesting what we do next week. Essendon also have injured rucks.
    He had ice on is hammy at the end, although his demeanour didn't say injured. They put us under a great deal of pressure and shut down our uncontested game until they tired. Our kicking out of defence got better and better as their pressure and manning up our players came to a standstill.
    I'm not worrying too much about those missed short kicks. Plenty to work on for next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Yes ice on Dawson’s upper right? thigh.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Not entirely convinced that Knoll has reached NEAFL standards yet, so I hope that it doesn't come to that.
    Strange, because he was supposedly carving it up in the stronger SANFL.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Strange, because he was supposedly carving it up in the stronger SANFL.
    I dunno, maybe I'm just a bit disappointed, because since he's an ex-basketballer, I was expecting him to have more of a leap, but he hardly gets off the ground. His skills are okay, but he doesn’t seem likely to rack up the possessions, either. Nichols probably had the better of the rucking today, but Knoll did some good work, and seems to be developing a combination with Fox.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Yes ice on Dawson’s upper right? thigh.
    got a pretty nasty corkie very late in the game

Was Malceski a runner for Suns today? I didn’t notice during match but various Swans staff and players went to shake hands and talk to one of their runners after the match. And Kennedy gave him a big hug. He was wearing a cap which hid his face, plus too far away for me to recognise who it was.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Yes he was, was sitting right next to their bench. He has a very loud voice, perfect for shouting out instructions when not allowed onto the field.

Doing double duty today as I also spotted him on the NEAFL stream coaching their NEAFL team to a win

Thought it must have been as Swans players & staff were so warm in their greetings. Hope you gave him a cheer as well. He will always be a Swan to us.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Was Malceski a runner for Suns today? I didn’t notice during match but various Swans staff and players went to shake hands and talk to one of their runners after the match. And Kennedy gave him a big hug. He was wearing a cap which hid his face, plus too far away for me to recognise who it was.
    Dawson left leg in the Malceski class

Goes up to 11
    Rowbottom had a really eye catching game for a young bloke and it was good to see him get some decent time in and around the midfield. He'll be a good un.

And Dawson was pretty excellent - he seems like an old head on a young body.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast