Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 15 Weekly Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, the umpires seemed to be letting the crowd decide, on whether it was holding the ball or not.
    Have to say, am more than happy to continually see GWS lose. Bunch of arrogant tossers, especially Toby Greene. The longer they fail to win, the more likelihood of them sliding like the Suns as there gun players realise the premiership window is closing and they leave. I reckon only another 12-24 months flagless should do it.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    If the AFL spent money on better cameras which makes the vision clearer then there wouldn't be an issue. Instead the AFL waste money on LED boards and changing the logo.
    Exactly.....we need high speed cameras so replays can be reviewed in crisp frame by frame vision. The blurry crap on offer now reeks of half arsed 'amateur hour' and a carefree attitude to scoreline integrity.

Good to see the Hawks have their hearts broken by the Weagles

The essendon v giants game was as biasedly umpired as the swans v dogs grand final. 29 free kicks to 14, and about 10 to 1 in the last quarter.

I'm glad Jimmy Bartel is calling out the Vic bull@@@@.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Have to say, am more than happy to continually see GWS lose. Bunch of arrogant tossers, especially Toby Greene. The longer they fail to win, the more likelihood of them sliding like the Suns as there gun players realise the premiership window is closing and they leave. I reckon only another 12-24 months flagless should do it.
    Yes, I was sort of trying to go for the Giants, just because of ladder position, but then I'd see Greene or Cameron, and that would become difficult. But then Essendon would get another soft free and I would switch again.

Veterans List
    Yes, the umpires seemed to be letting the crowd decide, on whether it was holding the ball or not.
    Lop sided all game on that one simple decision. Essendon just let the footy go when tackled and were rarely pinged.

The secret to GWS is Lachie Whitfield. They keep rapping up Kelly and Conoglio but when Lachie is out GWS are ordinary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    The essendon v giants game was as biasedly umpired as the swans v dogs grand final. 29 free kicks to 14, and about 10 to 1 in the last quarter.

I'm glad Jimmy Bartel is calling out the Vic bull@@@@.
    And Essendon got them close to goal. Umpire Nicholls again?

Veterans List
    Yes, I can see the point of that, and it would save a fair bit of time and debate.
    It is unique to our game. We don't have to be like other sports. It has always been a point for hit the post, so why change it for the sake of goal umpiring decisions. I would rather them take away video replays than change this part of our game. Indeed, why reward inaccuracy. It has been one part of our game that players haven't been able to master.

Veterans List
    Ben Brown is having a shocker. He has missed 4 shots so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    It is unique to our game. We don't have to be like other sports. It has always been a point for hit the post, so why change it for the sake of goal umpiring decisions. I would rather them take away video replays than change this part of our game. Indeed, why reward inaccuracy. It has been one part of our game that players haven't been able to master.
    Always been a point when it hit the post?

No it hasn’t. Firstly when I first started watching footy there was no padding making the bottom of the post much thicker. And secondly, pre video reviews and agonising over multiple replays there must have been plenty of times the ball brushed the post, the umpire called a goal, and we just got on with the match. And didn’t spend column inches analysing it post match.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I can live with an inch or two of inaccuracy being rewarded. Though the rest of a possible rule change would have to be clearly thought through. I assume that anything that hits the post and doesn't go through, would be a behind. I wouldn't like to see balls bouncing back off the post, then being ruled as play on. It's easy to imagine extra injuries, from players doing more scrambling adjacent to the posts.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Rhyce Shaw doing a great job coaching North who are dominating Collingwood and if they kicked a little straighter would have had the points in the bag by now.

Collingwood 28 - North 62 at three quarter time? Looks like Rhyce Shaw is having more to say, on who gets to coach North next year. It may turn out, that the only result of North's highly publicized attempt to poach Longmire, is that they've inflated the amount of the contract, that will eventually give to Shaw.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast