Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 16 v Essendon

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    No way Cunningham and McVeigh come straight in
    I agree but I think the MC will look at one if not both so just thinking aloud as to who to drop?

I reckon Macca will be chomping at the bit. Let’s see if MC_v2.0 can persuade him to come back via the NEAFL?

There's no way Florent or Hayward ever get dropped unless the go into a prolonged slump. Dawson and Melican are also in this category of long term development players.

All 3 of the newbies in the lineup, Rose, Ronke and Rowbottom, played well and shouldn't be dropped either, so we should delay a decision of Cunningham and Macca another week.

It's interesting that Essendon came storming home in the 4th quarter after Bellchambers got injured. How often does that happen; the team without a regular ruckman loses the hitouts, but wins the clearances? I did some stats last year where more often than not, the team that won the hitouts ended up disadvantaged.

Although I would prefer Amartey to Knoll, it's probably best to bring one of them in to do the ruck work and keep our structure intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    There's no way Florent or Hayward ever get dropped unless the go into a prolonged slump. Dawson and Melican are also in this category of long term development players.

All 3 of the newbies in the lineup, Rose, Ronke and Rowbottom, played well and shouldn't be dropped either, so we should delay a decision of Cunningham and Macca another week.

It's interesting that Essendon came storming home in the 4th quarter after Bellchambers got injured. How often does that happen; the team without a regular ruckman loses the hitouts, but wins the clearances? I did some stats last year where more often than not, the team that won the hitouts ended up disadvantaged.

Although I would prefer Amartey to Knoll, it's probably best to bring one of them in to do the ruck work and keep our structure intact.
    Also want Amartey in to ruck. He's more mobile than Knoll and could possibly offer more as a result resting in the forward line or in defense. The rest of the team are unchanged. Let Cunningham and McVeigh force their way back via the twos.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    What has happened to Florent? He was so good earlier in the year - consistently in our top 5 performers for me. But the last month or so he has dropped off quite a bit. He still gets to play in my book, but I hope he can find form again.

Based on Longmire's interview, it sounds like Knoll will not get a run this week. It definitely sounded like Longmire thought he was a long way off it.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    What has happened to Florent? He was so good earlier in the year - consistently in our top 5 performers for me. But the last month or so he has dropped off quite a bit. He still gets to play in my book, but I hope he can find form again.

Based on Longmire's interview, it sounds like Knoll will not get a run this week. It definitely sounded like Longmire thought he was a long way off it.
    Florent was ok last week. Silly short pass in the last quarter and at times tries to do too much, break a tackle rather than disposing. Can't see him being dropped.Took an interview this evening on SEN so he is in.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Florent was ok last week. Silly short pass in the last quarter and at times tries to do too much, break a tackle rather than disposing. Can't see him being dropped.Took an interview this evening on SEN so he is in.
    Florent is going well this year as a 20 yo
    Keep pumping games into him

Senior Player
    Florent ; 22 disposals v GC, 11 v Hawthorn, 23 v West Coast & 22 v Geelong. He's going fairly well lately I'd say.

I remembered last time we played Essendon we played both Clarke and Fox as defensive players on Shiel and Saad. I also remember McCartin out marking Hurley.

We did a very good job of stopping their run.

So I can see Thurlow in to let McCartin play forward, Clarke in, don’t know if Ronke can play a shutdown role?

Veterans List
    I get really nervous about the potential for injury rucking Aliir and Reid. KP players are just so difficult to replace so exposing them to the bash and crash of centre ruck duels is not worth the risk.

Either bring in Grassy to exclusively do the centre bounces against Essendon's third string rucks or blood Amartey before his time. Means you can maintain KP structures for the match. What a dreadful time for Cameron to be injured.

Can't see that anyone else should be demoted, Macca and Cunningham need to come back through the NEAFL, Fox to be travelling emergency.

For what it is worth :

In : Knoll, Fox

Out: Sinclair, Ronke

Knoll for first ruck and Fox as back up - he has played in the ruck before - good leap and has speed. That would leave Aliir and Reid in their normal roles - we will need them to fire as Bombers looked ok last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I remembered last time we played Essendon we played both Clarke and Fox as defensive players on Shiel and Saad. I also remember McCartin out marking Hurley.

We did a very good job of stopping their run.

So I can see Thurlow in to let McCartin play forward, Clarke in, don’t know if Ronke can play a shutdown role?
    Good points. Horses for courses selections. Clarke back in to tag Shiel. Also agree to bring in a ruckman (Armartey) so to not upset our defensive & forward structures, allowing Allir & McCartin to play in their rightful positions rather than bring in Thurlow.

IN: Amartey, Clarke
    OUT: Sinclair, Ronke

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast