Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 16 v Essendon

Don’t be surprised to see Naismith named. Might not do much around the ground (MCG) but winning taps and hence ball in our hands might be enough.
    Ronke night be out so Clarke gets his spot back to tag

I'm TOTALLY available to play in the ruck.
    They don't have a ruckman, we don't have a ruckman... it's the perfect storm.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Warming the Bench
    I wonder about Fox - last time we played Essendon he was effective against Saad. Clarke as well - he shut down Dylan Shiel.

outs: Sinclair, Ronke
    ins: Fox, Clarke

What about Menzel??
    We don't have a ruck and Essendon are likely to bring in Zac Clarke.

I'm glad it's not my problem.

FWIW Adam Curley in afl.com.au has gone for Fox to replace Sinclair

Ronke won't be dropped after being mentioned by Horse that he had a good game.

If we go with Aliir in the ruck, Fox is a reasonable option, instead of Thurlow, as Essendon has more dangerous small forwards than tall ones.

From what Gardiner had to say, sounds like Darcy could be available next week, more likely the week after. Sam sounds like he needs a bit longer to get some training under his belt. Cal's situation is up in the air, depends on how conservative management of his shoulder goes. Macca close but not this week, Harry should be available but Gardiner did emphasize he has had 8-9 weeks off and reading between the lines, is most probably come back through NEAFL.
    Given Darcy is close, with Sam to follow shortly, I think the MC will punt for a stop gap ruck solution this week ie Aliir and Reid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    From what Gardiner had to say, sounds like Darcy could be available next week, more likely the week after. Sam sounds like he needs a bit longer to get some training under his belt. Cal's situation is up in the air, depends on how conservative management of his shoulder goes. Macca close but not this week, Harry should be available but Gardiner did emphasize he has had 8-9 weeks off and reading between the lines, is most probably come back through NEAFL.
    Given Darcy is close, with Sam to follow shortly, I think the MC will punt for a stop gap ruck solution this week ie Aliir and Reid.
    My feeling too. I'm going with old school defensive MC

IN: Thurlow, Clarke, Fox
    OUT: Sinclair, Rowbottom, Ronke

My mail is one change and McVeigh very close.

In: Cunningham
    Out: Sinclair

Cameron to come in the following week.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Agree with your analysis.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    My feeling too. I'm going with old school defensive MC

IN: Thurlow, Clarke, Fox
    OUT: Sinclair, Rowbottom, Ronke
    I'd be disappointed if Rowbottom and Ronke get dropped - best game of the year for each.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    I'd be disappointed if Rowbottom and Ronke get dropped - best game of the year for each.
    I reckon we'll be tempted to play at least one tagger

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I reckon we'll be tempted to play at least one tagger
    Hmm, yeah maybe. It'd be a pretty cold decision. If Cunningham plays, he could play a defensive role. George too, obviously. I don't think Clarke will play, but you're right - it's defensible.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    My mail is one change and McVeigh very close.

In: Cunningham
    Out: Sinclair

Cameron to come in the following week.
    As good as Harry has been this season, surely he doesn't stroll back into the team after such a prolonged absence without at least one week in the NEAFL to get his match fitness up to scratch?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast