Thread: Changes for Round 17 - Carlton

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Jack replaces Rose
    Emg: Stoddart Fox Rose Amartey(!)

Carlton Cripps, Goddard, McKay for Marchbank, McGovern, Weitering

Emg: Lobbe Deluca Fasolo Owies

Senior Player
    Travelling up for this one and really looking forward to it. Great that Cripps is back in - should be a good contest.

Initially a little taken aback by Jack's return, but if you start with omitting Rose, he's probably the best small tackling/crumbling forward to bring in.

Has Amartey been an emergency before?

Very surprised Ronke has held his spot. His performances this year have been very ordinary to poor.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Well that's mystifying

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Veteran Site Admin
    You have to wonder if that's it for Rose. He had an opportunity to show he could deliver at senior level but blew it last week. It was nothing to do with his skill with the ball, but rather a lack of want to provide any kind of chase as the ball moved out of our forward line.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Has Amartey been an emergency before?
    No. Is it a reward for good performances or is he going to be a sneaky late in?

I agree Liz. You would think Rose's time is up. I'm okay with the omission. The inclusion of Jack doesn't sit as well with me. I know we are short on experience, but I don't think Jack is the answer. Time for Stoddart to be given another opportunity.

Very uninspiring selection for this match.
    I would have thought Ronke deserved to be dropped and at least Stoddard, McInerney, or Fox to be selected.Ronke in the two games has done nothing to improve his standing in the seniors.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    You have to wonder if that's it for Rose. He had an opportunity to show he could deliver at senior level but blew it last week. It was nothing to do with his skill with the ball, but rather a lack of want to provide any kind of chase as the ball moved out of our forward line.
    I think it might be.

Veterans List
    Ronke is so lucky. Very underwhelming last week. His body language said it all. How many times must Stoddart star in the 2's to get a gig. Same size as Ronke, better skills and way quicker.

Rose wasn't our worst last week and is stiff to lose his spot. Clearly Hayward and Florent are playing on browny points and love child status.

Yeah not sure what is to be gained by bringing jack back in at this point. Finals are out of the question and I doubt he’ll be around next year . Farewell match ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast