Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 19 Swans v Cats Sun 28-Jul at SCG #AFLSwansCats @sydneyswans

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I think they have to send Stoddart back to the NEAFL after today, with a list of things to work on.
    I believe one issue he is having is the difference in speed and standard between the NEAFL and AFL. I'd keep playing Stoddart in so that he can work on his game in the right environment. He'll get much more benefit from that than going back to the NEAFL and being BOG again.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    From what I gather the Swans had used all 90 interchanges and then a player was coming off and Scott was questioning this. In his press conference he said the match officials clarified it was okay because it was to do with a concussion test. I think the players involved were Fox and Ronke.
    What I find amazing is that clubs monitor the interchanges of their opponents during games. Don't they have enough on their plates or maybe they don't trust the AFL to monitor this?

Veterans List
    One thing that stands out for me is the lack of a runner. Our young team could use a lot more messages going out to correct issues, the same with Gold Coast. They hit the lead with just over 2 minutes to go but weren't able to hang on. A few messages out there may have saved the day. We seem to be losing games in short bursts.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I thought we were pretty good in the first half, and except for a few silly free kicks we gave up in the second quarter we could
    have been a couple goals up at half time. I know we lost the clearances badly over the whole game, but we were pretty good
    out of the centre in the first half. Second half speaks for itself. Eventually the cream rises to the top. Man, that Kelly can play,
    can't he?
    First half of the 3rd quarter we got flogged out of the centre, again it was Dangerfield. How we got caught with all our ball up mids defensive side of the circle amazed me as Geelong just fed it out to him out the back. Happened at Geelong earlier in the season also. Take him out of both games and we win.

The amazing thing was that I called it before the game... and that we'd lose by 27.
    Should have put money on it.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    What I find amazing is that clubs monitor the interchanges of their opponents during games. Don't they have enough on their plates or maybe they don't trust the AFL to monitor this?
    Chris Scott childish in some ways. Way he reacts to almost every umpiring decision immature. Rotation issue doesn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    I would think that’s key information to have. Knowing how many your opponent has had.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Chris Scott childish in some ways. Way he reacts to almost every umpiring decision immature. Rotation issue doesn't surprise me.
    Its part of their DNA. His brother is just the same. The main reason I don't like either of them particularly - always looking for an excuse as well if they get beat to go with it.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Its part of their DNA. His brother is just the same. The main reason I don't like either of them particularly - always looking for an excuse as well if they get beat to go with it.
    Yep. Brad was worse on this front, recall him blaming the Etihad roof being open for a game they lost . Pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Good first half, young team starting to struggle in the second half. Think most of us expected this. Would be good to have an experienced bigger body to stick in the forward half but no such beast exists at this point in time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Chris Scott had every right to get angry. Regulation 15 para 4 states that every Victorian. Club must receive 10 plus free kicks when playing the Sydney Swans. Geelong only received seven more free kicks today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Over Qrs 2&3, the free kick count was 17-5. Ouch, that's GF2016 territory.

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Good first half, young team starting to struggle in the second half. Think most of us expected this. Would be good to have an experienced bigger body to stick in the forward half but no such beast exists at this point in time.

- - - Updated - - -

Over Qrs 2&3, the free kick count was 17-5. Ouch, that's GF2016 territory.
    Doesn't suprise me at all. We had a good run early with the umps, couldn't seemingly get one for the life of us in Q2 and Q3 (and Geelong got a few in the 2nd q in particular that were very helpful when we had some momentum going), and then the usual evning up in the last quarter.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    We still lose if they didn’t happen but the two frees against Aliir in the 2nd looked complete nonsense from where I was sitting. Both led to straight forward shots on goal.

At 7-1 frees after the 1st quarter (including J.Selwood not getting one from a marking contest where he was spoiled and threw himself forward) was astounding and was never going to continue all game.

Same as last week think we just need a build up of some composure that will come with more experience and we’re right there. The game was quite entertaining and fast moving and we don’t look anywhere near as bad as our position on the ladder would suggest.

Good times ahead.